Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 20 replies

Sprint Data Cards and Windows Vista

mistyrenee42

Jun 6, 2007, 3:06 PM
Every data card (especially the U720) that my store tries to set up for a Vista computer has been more than complicated. If anybody has found any shortcuts or has any tips that has made the installation easier please let me know. (Usually the problems spring up after the cd is loaded because the programming window does not pop up and isn't available under menu-settings.) Tech support continues to say there is nothing to do but keep trying because it's vista not the card.
RaunchyFarts

Jun 8, 2007, 10:51 PM
That's the price people will pay for getting Vista as an OS. Blame Bill Gates for releasing Vista early since he originally stated Vista was going to be a late summer launch. Microsoft basically caught the wireless device manufacturers with their trousers around their ankles thinking they had half a year left to develope their drivers to work with Vista. I know a bunch of people who are walking around funny because of this.
blackandyellow

Jun 15, 2007, 3:18 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣
MRDin

Jun 26, 2007, 10:17 AM
I purchased Toshiba satellite A135 for my wife to take with her in army (AIT). I dont even notice that come with windows vista. I have been looking pc data card that compatible with vista, but I was told that I need to downlaod a patch. The problem is I dont have PC with me, my wife took with her and in the army place (AIT in Maryland) no phone line.

I saw on website that Pantech Wireless PX-500 Data Card (for Sprint) is compatible with vista. I dont want to jump right a way and I need to know if this is true.
BigShowJB

Jun 29, 2007, 1:49 PM
ALL current Sprint cards are Vista compatible.
But the drivers on the CD are not for vista.
you need to download the drivers to the computer first using a network connection (wifi or ethernet), and get the vista drivers from Sprint.com.
Jasonsmommy

Jun 21, 2007, 4:35 PM
The easiest thing that we have found out is to download the software from SPRINT.COM/DOWNLOADS
You need to have wireless Internet or a connection line in your store so you can hook up to that connection to get to sprint.com. It works for us every time! Hope this helps.
MRDin

Jun 26, 2007, 10:20 AM
Do you know if PX-500 Data Card work with vista? Thanks
hossenfefer

Jun 26, 2007, 5:47 PM
what i try to do is keep all of the drivers saved on a flash drive. that way when someone brings their laptop in with vista, we can just load it right off the flash drive, instead of messing with the cd. if they don't bring the laptop in, you can give them a 32 or 64 mb micro SD card with the adapter with the driver on there. a new laptop should have a card reader built in they can use.
MRDin

Jun 27, 2007, 12:10 AM
Hmm... that was not my question.
thanks anyway
coziamnumber1

Jun 28, 2007, 8:55 AM
the px-500 IS NOW compatible with Vista, however, as previously stated, you need to get the software off of sprint.com/downloads.
MRDin

Jun 28, 2007, 9:17 AM
Well I first I did call Sprint but never mentioned that needed to D/L a patches. Thats why I dont to jump buy wight away.

The problem is My wife has laptop and they dont have any phoneline in her room, she is in the army at APG Maryland.

I need wireless card that no need to update software to work for vista.
MRDin

Jun 28, 2007, 9:26 AM
BTW, can I D/L the software to my flash card home then I mail the flash card to my wife? can she run the software from flash card to install on her laptop?
coziamnumber1

Jun 28, 2007, 10:36 AM
Most Definately!!!! All you are doing is downloading a file and she uploads the file.

You mentioned she is in Maryland correct

If so, I am in MD, so PM me for my store info and send her my way. I would be more than glad to help.
MRDin

Jun 28, 2007, 2:15 PM
My wife is at Aberdeen Proving Ground (military place, her location is Edgewood area(Gunpowder). Most likely she is not free OFF POST, maybe this July 4th holiday will have off post pass. because she is in Advanced Individual Training (AIT).
Thanks
coziamnumber1

Jun 28, 2007, 2:48 PM
I said in another post what stores are close to her base. there are two within 15 min.
coziamnumber1

Jun 28, 2007, 8:54 AM
I know this is an older thread but I actually have something valuable to add (for a change)

You need to download the vista specific software for the aircard off of www.sprint.com/downloads and then choose vista as your OS.

The best thing to do is take the laptop to your local company owned sprint store and have them download and install the software. All they would need to do is disconnect the ethernet cable off their VoIP phones to connect the user to the internet temporarily.
mistyrenee42

Jun 28, 2007, 1:46 PM
I had already installed the patch before I called tech support. Sorry, forgot to mention that in the original post. I was just hoping somebody had figured out a fix for the problem so I can stop calling tech support.
coziamnumber1

Jun 28, 2007, 2:02 PM
i think the revision is fairly new....more than just a patch. like all new software for vista.
MRDin

Jun 28, 2007, 2:24 PM
I posted it previously.
My wife has laptop/os vista with her at APG Maryland, Im here in NV. She has no phone access in her room (army place). I did D/L software for vista Sprint.com but my question is, IF I send her the program on flash card, do you think she can install it to her laptop.
BTW I dont buy the PX500 yet, I want to make sure it will work properly.
coziamnumber1

Jun 28, 2007, 2:30 PM
My store is a considerable distance from APG, however there are two corporate stores within 15 minutes from there. one is in white marsh mall (15 min south of APG) their phone numbers is 410-931-3206 (i used to work there) and the other is in belair (about 10 min north) i do not have the number though.

you should be able to send her the program on a flash drive or a cd and she should be able to download the drivers from there.

however, i would recommend taking it to the store and have the associate there install the drivers off the web directly.
MRDin

Jun 28, 2007, 4:50 PM
Your store is futher more from APG?
BTW I am here Las Vegas and We are authorized dealer for Sprint. T-Mobile, And at&t.

We dont sell any air card at my store. I was planing to sign up the internet plan and air card from here and mail it her.

I called one of the store GOTTA GO WIRELESS in Edgewood, the girl said PX500 air card is $130.
How much you sell at your store?

Let me call you if I may, send me email I will give my cell phone number. dinebra2002@yahoo.com

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.