Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 13 replies

air cards for cingular!!!

facesitter

May 26, 2007, 1:24 PM
i want to know how or if it is possible to have an express card with a mac?
Lapdog

May 26, 2007, 1:45 PM
USB720 with VZW...yes
caecilia97

May 28, 2007, 8:35 AM
Same device is available with Sprint.
BigShowJB

May 31, 2007, 1:05 PM
and with better service
jmac32here

May 26, 2007, 2:27 PM
Doesn't look like any express cards will work with Mac just yet..but give them time...with the new contracts they have with Apple..it may push them to begin supporting Mac.

Maybe phone tethering is an option...

However, Sprint and Verizon are offering devices with Mac support.

Question then would be, looking to use it overseas or just in the US. Overseas will be a waiting game for a bit. However in the US, Sprint covers 295 Million people and Verizon covers 260 Million.
chainsaw

May 26, 2007, 5:02 PM
why would you ask that question are you dumb or something?

ps check in IQ intranut.
goodbyejack

May 31, 2007, 11:00 AM
Actually - with Cingular/ATT we dont have the express cards in store yet, but they will be (And our current cards are) compatable with Mac. You just have to download software from cingular.com to make it compatable. That information is coming from the Retail Data Manager for our area. And I have sold one, the guy downloaded it and he hasnt been back and I havent heard from him. Hope this helps
ralph_on_me

Jun 2, 2007, 2:42 PM
I've got express cards, PCMCIA cards, and USB modems. They're all the same price, and work on every OS.

It took forever for them to get the express cards to us, but we do have them.
elveskind1

Jun 3, 2007, 3:45 PM
Yup. You need a Mac Book Pro and with Cingular service you can use thr Option GT Max 3.6 express card. I support it, it works.
amen 🤣
elveskind1

Jun 3, 2007, 3:45 PM
😁
MRDin

Jul 15, 2007, 12:14 AM
Im plannig to sign up with at&t internet service. My laptop is Windows Vista and pc type II. I check few cards that already compatible with vista. AC860, AC875, GC82, GC83, GT MAX, and GT MAX 3.6

I did sign up with TMOBILE but the pc Card gc89 didnt work vista even I did D/L the program to work for vista.

My question is anyone know that all those PC cards above that I mentioned will work with vista without have to D/L the program to work for vista?
trdsupranick

Jun 6, 2007, 12:59 PM
buy a usb air card from sprint they work great on mac!
colione112

Jun 7, 2007, 11:05 PM
All of the Option cards that we sell are compatible with MAC OS. You will need to go to option.com, or att.com/wireless and download the correct software.

If anyone needs a direct link, email me and I'll provide it, as well as the username and password we were instructed to give out to customers.
Eric Lee Elliott

Jul 11, 2007, 7:48 PM
Check Apple user groups for versions of Apple OS, Apple hardware & data cards that cooperate. Some are plug & play if you know details of UID, #s, PWD & allowed security protocols.
Far as I can tell, most of my Cingular data card use & most of my Verizon phone use in on partner networks, not on VZW or Cingular towers. Alltel for $35 could be good as VZW for $60 or $80. VZW limited data at 5 GB monthly and 17 K bytes / second. Cingular usually runs about 25 K bytes / S & I usually download 7 to 9 GB monthly of data thru Cingular. I do not do music, streaming or games, Cingular does not complain.
Since ATT bought Cingular, I may be forced to quit paying for ATT lies. ATT is trying to force me to use MSIE & not to use Linux!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.