Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 9 replies

helpan00b- tethering an MPX220

atf0016

Mar 16, 2007, 6:42 PM
I've got unlimited data usage and the tether cable, now where to go from here...

any help and i'd be much obliged.
ralph_on_me

Mar 21, 2007, 5:38 PM
Do you have unlimited data usage, or do you have the unlimited data connect plan? Two different things.

All you need is the CCM software and the Data Connect plan.
jjgreene

Mar 25, 2007, 6:47 PM
if you get the CCM (cingular communication manager) software then you'll be forced to get the data connect plan...i'm guessing you have a 19.99 unl data plan, so get a copy of Moto Phone tools, and tether through their software....although if you're in a 3G coverage area i would get a v3xx and use it to tether.
ralph_on_me

Mar 26, 2007, 10:24 AM
You can't use anything but the Data Connect plan for tethering. If you do, you'll get burned.
jjgreene

Mar 26, 2007, 2:26 PM
don't get me started down that road......
ralph_on_me

Mar 26, 2007, 2:33 PM
don't try to get people stuck with a huge bill then. I know we've been down this road before.
jjgreene

Mar 26, 2007, 2:44 PM
they know it's at their own risk......
ralph_on_me

Mar 26, 2007, 2:52 PM
only if you tell them. By the subject line, this guy is a "noob". He probably hasn't heard all the stories and read all the discussions. We don't need to give advice to an inexperienced (novice) user that could end up costing them thousands of dollars. It's really easy for something like that to happen, since this is the internet and you're in no way liable to anything someone does because of your advice. I would never even suggest the possiblity to someone because of the troubles it could bring them in the future, and I don't want that coming back on me.
jjgreene

Mar 26, 2007, 3:52 PM
lol...but it's the internet how's it gonna come back on you.. 😉 i know, i know i got your point, he did say he was a "noob."
ralph_on_me

Mar 26, 2007, 3:57 PM
I know I wouldn't be liable for anything, but I treat this as an extension of my job (only I'm a LOT more blunt). I'm a believer of karma as well.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.