Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 47 replies

Unique phone destruction?

Norman728

Dec 17, 2007, 1:52 PM
What is the most unique way you've seen a phone damaged?

I've had Phones not less that 5 time dropped in iced tea(not sure why it's always iced tea?).

dropped in potato salad.

one phone was washed the other was washed and dried.

the usual suspect the stupid friend.

a few dogs.

and few times at my previous job dropped in the bottom of a Swan boat lake.
deepc185

Dec 17, 2007, 1:54 PM
My 15 month old son likes to grab my phone and use it as a teether. ๐Ÿคค ๐Ÿคค Needless to say, there have been a couple of times it fried the phone and I had to let it dry out before it would work again!
hoosabinpoopin

Dec 17, 2007, 2:01 PM
I have had customers bring there phone with water damage cuz they dropped it in the toilet. I dont want to touch your phone then. You take the battery out.
StillNAOQS

Dec 17, 2007, 2:04 PM
custy brought me a phone that his industrial lawn mower had gotten a hold of, he was a landscaper... it was in little bitty pieces but i was still able to recognize a few parts that were mixed with grass
rivers9180

Dec 17, 2007, 2:48 PM
i also had one in the lawnmower, but it shredded the battery, and the whole phone melted together. It looked like it was in the microwave for about 10 minutes
Debo

Dec 17, 2007, 2:04 PM
This didn't happen to me and I'm too lazy to try to find the thread (from WAY back).
Guy brings a phone in, not working.
Finds out it's water damaged.
Rep proceeds to find out (after handling the phone, of course) that the guy got this phone for a very specific reason.
It had a strong VIABRATER.
And yes, he was using it IN his wife.
Where is me barfing emoticon?
hoosabinpoopin

Dec 17, 2007, 2:06 PM
Cant you smell that smell? ๐Ÿคฃ
StillNAOQS

Dec 17, 2007, 2:07 PM
only on the women u date... ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ˜ณ
hoosabinpoopin

Dec 17, 2007, 2:08 PM
No way. I do the stinky pinky check 1st
Debo

Dec 17, 2007, 2:07 PM
He must washed it off or something. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Again, not me. Thank jebuz! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
BigShowJB

Dec 18, 2007, 8:51 AM
that wasa story that my coworker told me and was the first thing I thought of when i saw the thread title
BigShowJB

Dec 18, 2007, 8:54 AM
HypractiveGrl28

Dec 30, 2007, 12:29 PM
Haha that was from one of the guys I work that told that one. That is just WRONG! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
rivers9180

Dec 17, 2007, 2:52 PM
My favorite are the phones that work fine until the customer throws them on the ground in anger in front of you, and then you advise them to make an insurance claim. And then when you do so, they throw it at you, call you a f'ing a$$hole, and storm out of the store... (happened to me 3 times)
ReaperTut

Dec 17, 2007, 9:12 PM
i didn't have one that intense, but i had a customer come in twice, first time in they asked how they would go about getting a new phone, so i started a claim for them and in the middle of it, they got tired of waiting so they left.. 30 minutes later (and yes i was nice enough to finish the claim) they come back in asking if it was done and would the phone activate tonight. so explained it to them AGAIN that it doesn't come out of our inventory that it will be shipped to thier house already to go out of the box. so the woman gets puffy with me, slams the phone on the counter and says, here take this one and give me one of yours, that way your inventory count doesn't change.. after i explained it again and again and again, she finally said if...
(continues)
aschehl

Dec 18, 2007, 12:51 PM
I had a customer who threw the phone at one of my sales reps. accross the store (she didn't even know her she was a brand new rep who was helping another customer) then the customer left. I walked over picked up the phone and set it on the counter. About half an hour later she came back demanded the phone. I handed it to her and she proceded to spike it to the ground. The phone then bounced back up and hit her. LOL ๐Ÿ˜
beeferjay

Dec 17, 2007, 3:00 PM
from this broad, about 2 years ago...

she was getting married and slipped the phone in her BRA.

she said she never sweated so much in her life. She was calling because her phone wouldnt power on. Liquid damage indicator, RED.

GROSS
rivers9180

Dec 17, 2007, 3:01 PM
i have had customers pull them out of their bra and attempt to hand them directly to me. The custys that do this are not the hot ones you want to, but the 250+ pounders ๐Ÿ˜ณ
beeferjay

Dec 17, 2007, 3:07 PM
they bleed gravy

their tears are butter.

Their cell phones have to be thin so they are not tempted to eat them
rivers9180

Dec 17, 2007, 3:09 PM
... so thats where the teeth marks on phones came from ๐Ÿ˜ฒ , they told me it was their dog
beeferjay

Dec 17, 2007, 3:15 PM
yeah, she ate her dog
Armand Goldman

Dec 26, 2007, 2:21 PM
Great song by Frankie Vali and the Four Season!
BigShowJB

Dec 18, 2007, 8:56 AM
as the commercial says:

HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY!!!!!!!
Nikoletta

Dec 18, 2007, 11:47 PM
You know when I got married... it was a summer wedding and I was wearing a sleeveless dress but dear god... those things are like 18 layers of crap and I almost died of heat stroke inside an air conditioned building no less. When we got to my parent's house for the reception I went upstairs and took it off and changed to a nice light dress for the party... I felt a cloud of hot air come out of the dress, I was so glad to be out of it!

But seriously, who the hell sticks the phone in their bra?!? And why the hell did she feel she needed to have her phone with her during her wedding? Just leave it in your car or something jeeze!
nuckingfuts

Dec 17, 2007, 3:01 PM
With a .44

It was fun......
MrGoofball

Dec 17, 2007, 7:39 PM
Let's see where to start.
Lady was on a plane and got air sick and threw up into her purse and took out her phone in the process.
Guy fell and his phone was on his side and him falling on the phone broke the phone and his hip.
Daughter sat phone down on phone next to bed and Mom ran it over and broke it in half with the vacuum.
Guy's girlfriend used the vibrate feature.
Kid took daughter's phone at school and put it in the microwave.
Phone was ran over by a steam roller.
Phone was ran over by a Tank.
Phone went through a woodchipper.
Elderly woman purchased a V9 and had the clock set to analog and saw the male genetilia and shreaked and threw the phone into traffic.
Phone was in guy's pocket when a Horse kicked him in the leg and l...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Dec 18, 2007, 11:50 PM
I still have yet to see that male genitalia thing, I've seen the picture and just don't see it!
aavera

Dec 17, 2007, 9:42 PM
Dog ate it.

Lawnmower. Why the guy was wearing his phone while he was mowing the lawn was beyond me. It's not like he would have heard it ring any way.

Backhoe.

Ran over by a semi.

The best one so far though belongs to my girlfriend's brother. He worked in a resteruant that burned down in October. He was helping the owner with the tear-down of the building and found his phone. Suprisingly, it still charged and powered on! The whole top half of it is melted and the speakers & screens are shot, but we were able to pull the contacts out of it.
Jennyboo

Dec 18, 2007, 9:22 AM
"My baby puked on it"

"I dropped it in the toilet" then me preceding with the hand sanitizer after throwing the phone on the counter

"It fell in a pitcher of kool-aid"

"My phone fell in a snow bank and I found it the next day. But now its not working"

"It dropped in the bathtub" (why people talk on their phones while taking baths still baffles me)

"My kid threw it down the stairs"
BigShowJB

Dec 18, 2007, 12:27 PM
from a ward of the state:

RC=retarded customer

RC-I lost my phone last night and I need to get a replacement. I have insurance on it.
Me- ok when did you get your phone you might be able to get a nupgrade instead of going through insurance.
RC yesterday afternoon
me- ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ
RC - yeah I fell off my bike and lost it in the snow bank. So can you just give me a newe phone since I had the insurance on it?

At this point the converstation proceeded to be the same one we have all had on how and why we don't do replacements at the store.
Sprintguy2007

Dec 18, 2007, 10:05 PM
Definitely odd times helping out the VZ kiosk in the mall.

The first week a girl came in with her phone in a bag REALLY BAD SIGN. So I was like do I wanna ask?.... She proceeds to tell me that her guy friend so and so likes to pee in purses when drunk. Definitely a 1st. So helped her out and got her on her way.

The next weekend a totally different girl comes in and has her phone in a bag. Again... not looking very good. So I proceed to ask what happened. To my dismay she tells me some dude peed in her purse at a party!!! I was in total shock. While standing there helping this girl get a new phone the girl from week 1 comes running across the mall hallway, UNbelievable....
BigShowJB

Dec 19, 2007, 9:23 AM
I hope you're about to say it was the same guy!!
Sprintguy2007

Dec 19, 2007, 11:29 AM
HAHAHA yes it was the same guy
Nikoletta

Dec 18, 2007, 11:54 PM
So my brother routinely used to throw his phone across the room when he got into fights with his girlfriend (doesn't happen as much anymore) one day he was on his new (like 2 week old) SLVR... pitched that across my kitchen as he was at my place... it hit the counter and after that the screen didn't work right. So he, having more money than sense, bought a new phone and sold his friend the SLVR... The friend knew what had happened too but his phone didn't work at all ... his dog had chewed on it... so he was happy to get any phone.

I have a friend who dropped her in the dishwater (I've come close) and of course we always see a batch of phones die slow painful deaths at camping trips where it is raining like mad. Nothing spectacular.
smile

Dec 19, 2007, 11:59 AM
Everybody always thinks I am making this up but I had a construction worker come in the store one day and he had left his phone on a metal frame pole thing (i know nothing about construction) and a storm came and lightning struck his phone...how crazy is that...his phone was all melted and the screen looked like a calculator screen that busted...all colorful and stuff... ๐Ÿ™‚
princessn1984

Dec 19, 2007, 12:05 PM
๐Ÿคค pretty ๐Ÿคค
motodude69

Dec 19, 2007, 12:09 PM
The disgusting part is that he reached in and pulled it out. He brought it in and handed it to me, THEN decided to tell me that it fell in the sh*ter. I just about threw up on him. I literally threw the phone back at him, washed my hands then proceded to help him.

My store does not go without hand sanitizer at all work stations due to this incident.
oldtimer_sprint

Dec 21, 2007, 12:05 AM
Had a customer call in because he wanted to see how heatproof his phone was. He fried in a frying pan. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Webb

Dec 21, 2007, 2:31 AM
One customer of mine did in an old Panasonic Duramax TDMA phone by dropping it in wet concrete. By the time he realised the phone was in there, it was part of a sidewalk. I figured that was worth something...
Imajika

Dec 24, 2007, 5:05 AM
I work in business tech support and I got a call from a VERY angry dude. He was telling me how his phone was a piece of crap, blah blah blah.

He was driving at the time and talking to me ON THE PHONE he was having issues with. I told him to call back later from a landline or different phone. I even offered to call him back if he had a different phone with him. He said, "Did you ever want to know what a Palm piece of crap phone sounds like at 70 miles an hour?". Then I hear a bang, crackle and silence. I add notes to the call tracker saying that the customer threw the phone out of his car while we were talking.

The customer calls back about an hour later and tells my co-worker that his phone was 'lost'. ๐Ÿ™‚
ac4321

Dec 24, 2007, 11:17 AM
It's not the most outrageous I've had, but it is the best one of the last few days...

This morning, customer comes in with his phone not working at all. The first thing I notice is the unmistakable odor of pot. I take it apart to see if it was dead because of water damage or anything else. Nope, just the pot apparently. Inside the phone had an even stronger scent of it, so this phone had to have been constantly around pot smoke.
Armand Goldman

Dec 26, 2007, 6:52 PM
I wonder if hickory or applewood smoke would do the same thing? ๐Ÿคจ
AnWrOoTbEeR

Dec 24, 2007, 5:13 PM
I had a customer that got his phone stuck in the mud, and he ran it over with a tow motor.

I knew an employee here, who dropped her phone into a CUP of milk. How do you get a phone, in a cup? The cup is like...yay big. *measures using my fingers*

I had a customer once, who claimed that I stole her phone. And another one that claimed a police officer stole her phone.

thats all i got right now... but if i think of some, i'll let ya know.

Sorry, they're not too unique.
SarahJo

Dec 26, 2007, 1:05 PM
I had a woman come in to replace her phone.

Woman: My phone doesn't work. Can you help me?

I go to reach for the phone to do the necessary troubleshooting.

Me: Did something happen to it? Water, dropped, anything?

Woman: *points to her child* She peed on it.

No joke. I swear on my life. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
chainsaw

Dec 26, 2007, 1:20 PM
My old boss used to pee on his phones all the time, but it usually involved copius amounts of whiskey.
BigShowJB

Dec 26, 2007, 2:17 PM
was it in her purse at a party? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
SarahJo

Dec 26, 2007, 2:32 PM
๐Ÿคจ

I didn't get that far.
BigShowJB

Dec 26, 2007, 3:46 PM
there is a story further up in this thread about a guy who gets drunk at a party and pees in women's purses. someone had two seperate victims of his a week apart

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.