show all 14 replies

Do I look like I can read Chinese?

Dnbstyle

Jan 24, 2009, 3:51 PM
Customer comes in.
Small Chinese girl.
Has a Blackberry Curve.
It has Wifi by the way.

... she also has her laptop PC with her...

She wants to use the Blackberry as a modem connected to her laptop via a USB cable. Not to mention the fact that the laptop already has a Wireless network card in it. ๐Ÿคจ

And so here I am, she wants me to configure her laptop to use the Blackberry as a modem... and her laptop is in 100% chinese language ๐Ÿ˜ณ

She said she called T-Mobile earlier and they told her it could be done,but I'm guessing they didn't mention "HOW" to do it?
So I tell her, why can't you just use your laptop's wifi rather than using the blackberry?

So she says "I'll just go to the other T-Mobile store" (which is a coup...
(continues)
Gipsyqueen

Jan 24, 2009, 4:03 PM
lol ๐Ÿคฃ How Dare You not know how to read Chinese!!! I wonder if the other store was able to help her.
golem22

Jan 27, 2009, 1:05 AM
I would have told her i have to reformat her hard drive and reinstall windows, oh and that she would have to provide the windows serial code...

Or alternatively she could see if she could find a store in Chinatown part of town (assuming you have one)
taoareyou

Jan 24, 2009, 4:13 PM

So I tell her, why can't you just use your laptop's wifi rather than using the blackberry?

Perhaps she wants to have Internet access in an area that does not have a WiFi hotspot readily available?
liquidfire

Jan 26, 2009, 10:17 AM
who would ever want that?? lol j/k
llama

Jan 26, 2009, 2:00 PM
Cantonese, not Mandarin...
Decept.ICON

Jan 26, 2009, 2:30 PM
All blackberries can do it. It's a feature add for at&t... T-mobile...not so sure..
Tmo Slave

Jan 26, 2009, 2:33 PM
Tmobile you just need to have the data package for the phone and you can tether it. No extra features needed.
Decept.ICON

Jan 26, 2009, 2:35 PM
So what's the problem.. Follow the instructions... Tell her what she needs to do step by step...CUSTOMER SERVICE deed of the day DONE!
Tmo Slave

Jan 26, 2009, 2:41 PM
The problem was that her computer was in chinese and wanted him to do it. He can't read chinese so he can't help her.
Decept.ICON

Jan 26, 2009, 2:46 PM
Instructions...are in english.. Print them and hand them to her...
Tmo Slave

Jan 26, 2009, 2:52 PM
That would work but from what he made it sound like she is like 90% of customers who have no business using technology. ๐Ÿคฃ Let alone be able to follow simple instructions to set it up herself.
xIsamuTM

Jan 26, 2009, 3:14 PM
they only come up to your knees o/"
DaCoach

Jan 26, 2009, 3:23 PM
Think of the many things they've done to impress...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.