Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Liquid Damage Story Anyone???

Jorin

May 26, 2008, 11:53 AM
So I got this phone that wouldn't stay powered on and wouldn't charge, and when I took a look at it there was TONS of thick white corrosion in the data port. So I close the ticket as liquid damage and refer him to insurance. When the guy comes in he demands to see the tech that worked on his phone. I go out there and he says
"The reason there's corrosion in the data port is because I have to lick it to get it to charge, so its not liquid damage."
I explain to him, basically that, well... SPIT IS LIQUID... and he leaves all upset.
He was also trying to tell me that he went to another store and they told him to lick it before he plugged in his charger.

C'mon, seriously... who LICKS electronics these days!?!?!?
sammish

May 26, 2008, 12:56 PM
is awesome. some people. *shakes head*
Juanbyjuan

May 26, 2008, 6:23 PM
We came from licking things first to make it work, to blowing in them to make it work (i.e. the game cartrige days.) Whats next? ๐Ÿ™„
deepc185

May 26, 2008, 10:25 PM
Penetration??? ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
MizzSprint

May 26, 2008, 11:28 PM
I love when they hand you the phone and then tell you that it fell in the toilet.
charliegirl

May 29, 2008, 10:52 AM
๐Ÿคฃ We have a phone that has been sitting on the floor in our office for a month now that has a note saying "DO NOT TOUCH". One of our salesman brought the phone in, handed it to the boss and asked for a new one. When asked why he needed a new one, he said that it fell in the toilet. The boss threw it across the room and that is where it has been ever since. Needless to say he hasn't gotten a new one ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
Nikoletta

May 27, 2008, 7:14 PM
Hey now! Don't knock on the "air cleaning" method of game cartridge use... it worked! Had to get the dusk off the contract points (this was especially true when we had an old NES in my parent's attic playing Zelda for 12 hours a day because my mom was asleep and my dad was at work and we were friggen BORED because we weren't allowed to leave the house/yard.)
I Sell Phones

May 27, 2008, 10:45 AM
Well, I know a quite a few chicks that lick a certain type of electronic, it uses batteries or you could plug it in...wait, what were we talking about? ๐Ÿ‘€

Anyhow, me had one customer some time ago asking why his phone is funkin up. I do the usual and of course the litmus paper is red/pink.

Me:Sir, this phone appears to have been wet.

C:What do you mean, it has not touched water at all.

Me:Well it doesn't need to necessarily touch water to have liquid damage. Do you carry your phone in your pocket at all when you are working or sweating a lot?

C:Yes. Would that really cause a problem? Well, it didn't touch water so it isn't my fault. I want a new phone now! You guys shouldn't be selling phones that are so sensitive to...
(continues)
BigShowJB

May 27, 2008, 1:10 PM
he doesn't need to be licking the phone or the charger, it's the wiring that's the problem. he needs to lick the (bare electrical) wires that the phone plugs into, and then plug in the phone
liquidfire

May 28, 2008, 9:57 AM
tell himm that. he seems dumb enough to try at. at least that way he can win a darwin award and do us all a favor and remove himself from the gene pool

btw... who was suppose to dump the chlorine in the gene pool last?? cuz i think they forgot
lxav06

Jun 2, 2008, 12:11 PM
i had a lady and her boyfreind come in, she qualified for an upgrade and wanted to replace her phone. said it got wet. well he said she got really drunk and HAD to go piss.
well her phone fell in the toilet and it took her a while to decide to fish it out or piss ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜•.
needless to say she got it out after she relieved herslef , but it does not end there.
she told her guy friend that her phone quit working...
yeah he say let me see it and touches it all wet and then touches his face, lips and all that to see if he can get it to work. she ofcourse fails to tell him she pissed on it. i sold her a palm centro and with insurance.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.