Outage in Texas
but there is an outage in Texas which is causing your cell phones to display No Service, no customer service rep nor Chuck Norris himself can change this...
hopefully it will be resolved within the hour
If customers leave over a 4-5 out outage that means they are probably already pretty upset about other things and it is probably a good thing they leave because they think another carrier will work better for them. Its better to lose an unhappy customer than to have one that just complains.
1) After the major Florida hurricanes, most carriers were only working 10-30%, VZW was 90% +. Afterward the emergency services depts for Florida switched from Nextel to VZW.
2) New Orleans flooding, same thing. VZw network had more up time. New Orleans city officials switch to VZW afterward.
3) After 911, VZW services handled more calls than other services.
4) Winter storm in Colorado last year. VZW helps restore service with other carriers.
5) California wildfires last 1-2 years in So-Cal.
Outages happen, but as you can see in time of crisis, VZW was most reliable.