Ten Keys to being Happy with your Service Provider
2. Understand that YOU are responsible for keeping track of your usage (voice, internet, texting, etc). Your provider is not going to hold your hand when it gives you many options to do it yourself.
3. If you have a problem with your phone, do NOT call for support while talking on it! Make sure you have a way to get on a different phone, even a pay phone (calling 1800-xxx-xxxx is free on pay phones).
4. When on the phone with a rep, act professional when they are trying to help you. They are people too. The nicer you are, the more willing they are to help you and the easier it is to help. Do not rant and rave and cuss just because they gave you an answer that you did not like. If you did not like the answer call back; after POLITELY ending the call with the previous rep, and see if you get the same answer.
5. LISTEN to the rep trying to help you. They set vaulable expectations when you change something to your service and anything related.
6. If you have no service on your phone, it is not automatically the provider's fault. Call tech support, LISTEN to what they have to say and do the troubleshooting steps they have. Each one helps. If you replace the phone/sim and the service does not improove, try a different make/model phone. Keep close track to the times and areas where you don't have service. Could break down to a geological problem.
7. Understand if you get a brand new (or slightly used [refurb]) phone at a low low price, there IS a contract associated with that purchase. You can renew contracts, on average, about every 18-22 months. Do not demand free phones just because you've been with the company for "x" many years. It doesn't matter! It costs the company money to buy those phones and more to sell them at a discounted price.
8. If you cannot do something, because the rep says that it is against the company's policy; they are probably right. Accept that there are limitations to what your provider can do.
9. Pay your bill on time. If you go past due and get shut off, expect to get "punished" with a restoral fee. Do not be upset at this. It's a pretty light "punishment" when u just get a restoral fee. For example, if you're late on your car payment, you get a late fee AT LEAST; otherwise, it gets taken away. When you don't pay your bill, we take away your service.
10. Most important key to happyness with your service provider...
If you are unhappy with the service, do NOT continue to support a company you hate. Wait out the contract, and get with another service provider to move your phone number over to their company. Then follow steps 1-10 until you are without a doubt happy with your cellphone service.
- Re: Ten Keys to being Happy with your Service Provider by Thunderkiss1965
- Re: Ten Keys to being Happy with your Service Provider by twest75
- Re: Ten Keys to being Happy with your Service Provider by jenniibear