Review: Helio Kickflip
If you're using Outlook on a PC, you can easily export your Address Book to
a .CSV file by going to your Outlook Contacts and choosing
File-->Export-->Export to a File-->Export to Comma Separated Values
If you're using a Mac, making a .CSV file is a little bit trickier:
If you have Entourage, go to Contacts and choose Export-->"Local contacts to
a list (tab-delimited text)" and save the .txt file to your desktop. Then,
use Excel to open that .txt file and then choose File--Save As-->CSV
If you're using the Mac OS X Address Book to store your contacts, open the
application and choose Command+A to choose them all, then drag all of your
contacts to i.e. your desktop. All of your contacts will be contained in a
single vcard file, which you can then upload to a Web-based conversion
utility here: http://labs.brotherli.ch/vcfconvert/
In the pull-down options, choose CSV Comma and check "Add header line" and
finally click convert. Save the .CSV file locally and proceed to the next
Once you have a .CSV file:
As a Helio member, you can go here to register and manage your Helio account
1) Enter your phone number, including area code (i.e. 3101234567) and click
"Continue". The online account will be created, and an SMS will arrive
containing a temporary password.
2) After logging in, members can sign up for an @myhelio.com email address
using the "Personalize Email" link on the left side.
3) After creating the @myhelio.com email address, click on the "Access Email
Account" link. This will launch the Webmail interface for your @myhelio.com
4) Click on the "Address Book" link on the left side to bring up a list of
contacts stored in your account.
5) Click on the "Import Address Book" link on the resulting page.
6) Choose a .CSV (comma separated values) file to upload containing your
contacts and click on the "Import Address Book" button.
7) Your contacts should now be visible via the @myhelio.com Webmail
interface. Use this to make any necessary changes (address or phone number
updates, formatting, etc.)
Now, pick up your Helio device select Menu-->Contact-->Sync Contacts. You'll
be prompted for your @myhelio.com username and password. After entering your
username and password, click sync and you're done!
No replies to this message