Palm Chief Says WebOS 2.0 On Target for Later This Year
Top message: WebOS? by AndroidRules
Replying to: Re: No Really by bluecoyote
Re: No Really
You know I don't mean to be an arse about the Evo, but I had a review unit on me for a day and found it to be a fairly miserable device.
My complaints in a nutshell were HTC Sense slows the device down considerably (coming from a N1, forget any animated wallpapers unless you want a pocket warmer), the battery life wasn't good, the keyboard software is lousy, and the Sprint crapware brings out all of the worst flaws in Android.
Beyond that Android is still very unpolished as an OS when you dig deeper, and it's the little things: Copy+Paste is near useless, the fast-app switcher doesn't let you kill apps, and the way the "menu" function is handled drives me nuts. I wish the Android team would focus their efforts on things like these instead of what I consider to be a bunch of political posteuring. I don't give a crap about Flash, but I do care when I can't listen to Pandora because Sprint TV won't shut up, or when I can't copy part of an email to send to a client.
And it's much slower than an iPhone4 with iOS4. About the only thing faster is a N1 with Froyo.
It's a personal gripe, but the phone is too large to use with one hand.
1. Wow.. you had one for a whole day? That's a whole lot of testing time.
2. I'm tired of the battery life complaints. My evo consistently runs 14 hours with a good amount of useage. I can kill it in 8-9 if im really pushing it with a ridiculous amount of video playback, but that doesn't often happen. (And I'm running it stock, havent bothered rooting it yet, so im not using some crazy stripped down ROM to conserve battery.
3. I agree that copy and paste needs work. And considering the speed of Android development, I expect it will be addressed before too long.
4. If you can't figure out how to turn off Sprint TV when you want to start listening to Pandora, you should probably spend more time getting to know the device.
5. You must have hands the size of a 13 year old girl. I use my EVO 1 handed about 90% of the time.
- Re: No Really by bluecoyote