Firmware 2.1 Available for the iPhone
So far, so good.
1. Dramatic 3G reception increases in my home from a max of 2 bars to 5.
2. No garbled or dropped calls so far today.
Apps install much faster and no phone app crashes yet.
3. iPhone backup not taking 20 to 30 minutes anymore.
4. Screen transitions are faster without the lagging.
5. Slide lock and button presses are not hanging.
6. So far so good on battery life but I have not run the phone all day yet so I really can't comment.
-My Plantronics 520 now works with Visual Voicemail
-There's additional info on songs, audio in the iPod app
-Added a security feature if passcode is entered incorrectly 10 times the device will erase your data (like that improvement)
I know there are a lot of people complaining that there weren't any new features added however I concur with those who are saying let's fix the bugs first, then move on to adding new features. Makes sense to me: New features mean nothing if the phone keeps crashing, bluetooth doesn't work, etc, etc.
MHO big thumbs up on the update.
I forgot to ask...if I do the update will it lock my phone again?
The latest unlock apple cannot touch, however its best to wait for an update to the jailbreak software (pwnage tool for mac) quickpwn or winpwn(windows) because on the new itunes software Itunes can actually detect if your phone has been jailbroken and you won't be able to sync your phone there will prlly be a fix with the next jailbreak release, the best way to keep track of this stuff is to check www.blog.Iphone-dev.org it has all the official releases of jailbreaking software also if you upgrade the unlock will stay but it won't jailbreak or activate the phone so I guess short answer no but long answer yes
This forum is closed.