Review: Motorola Droid
Iphone killer? Not a chance
i was hoping for more from motorola but was very disapponted. so some observations:
- screen transitions were choppy not smooth and fluid like the iphone.
- overall design is clunky and kind of like a brick. i like the htc droid phone much better.
- lack of control of the software and hardware platform was evident given the lack of ergonomic factors.
- screen swiping was choppy not smooth like the iphone
- some of the app's were buggy that they were trying to show off. there is something to be said perhaps for having to pass some type of hurdle before putting an app on a phone.
i felt a bit sad for the vz folks. they deserved better after having passed on the iphone some years back.
i will tell you however that i really think blackberry is close with the storm 2 platform.
i think the storm 3 will be amazing they are that close. they fixed a ton of stuff that was just wrong with the first storm. the screen transitions were much faster than the droid and application activations much quicker. overall it is a lot smoother and feels better in the hand and i like what they did with suretype. very nice. but still a tad behind the iphone.
overall i think the motorola droid is doomed as a platform. the htc next to it was much sleeker and quicker. htc is likely the platform to use if you want a decent android phone. beyond that i would go with the blackberry storm 2.
- Re: Iphone killer? Not a chance by Jbuckley1121