Review: Motorola ZINE ZN5
Experiences with my ZINE
* Yes, it'd be nice if the microSD was hot-swappable, but since it can hold up to 8GB and I can transfer data without removing it, I don't think it will ever affect me.
* Screen: beautiful
* Signal: better than my last phone
* Sound: I completely disagree with the review... I have to set the volume to the lowest setting. The people talking on the other end are too loud at any other setting. As for the ringer: lowest setting is still too loud (in the office).
* Battery: OK so far, though the flash and WiFi drain it fast.
* Menu organization could use some work, though I'm getting used to it.
* MP3 sound quality is good wired or wireless.
* FM radio works well, but AM would be nice too (sports talk radio).
* Camera: I was worried that it would be sub-par since it's a Kodak, but it is fantastic. I couldn't be happier. Everything related to the camera is top-notch.
* Video: good enough
* WiFi: I was incredibly happy to find I can browse the web using WiFi instead of EDGE (I don't have a data plan). Perfect for a quick check of my gmail.
My biggest complaint is the menu organization. For example, why are the music player and fm radio are in two completely separate menus? Like I said, I'm getting used to it, but it seems to lack that total, overall feeling of integration. The menu designers seemed to just slapped items in there without much thought for where they should go.
People may complain about Motorola phones, but this one is excellent. There's no other phone I'd rather have.
All in all, this phone was a bargain at $100 (after rebate).
- Re: Experiences with my ZINE by JA281371