Hands-On: BlackBerry Storm
WiFi vs 3G -- am I missing something?
The only thing missing is WiFi, but with so much 3G love, this is one of the few times we almost buy Verizon's argument that WiFi would be redundant.
I realize that 3G provides excellent coverage and speed, but I do not understand why people (besides Verizon) believe having WiFi would be redundant. If I'm sitting at home or in a local cafe that has WiFi, why would I want to use 3G and have to pay for the amount I download rather than take advantage of the free WiFi. Like I said, I totally understand Verizon wanting you to use 3G instead so they make money, but how can an outsider say its just as good to use 3G.
Maybe I'm missing something with the charges, but it appears you can either pay something like $20 or $30 extra for unlimited download or $1.99 per MB. Am I totally off with this or is this correct? I am still on an older plan where I pay $5 a month for internet access and nothing per MB but rather it just counts as minutes used. I budget my time on it and it works out quite well (I'm on a 39.99 / 450 minutes plan). But with the way it is now, it would cost a fortune to have an awesome phone like this. I've been waiting for their next big phone to come out with the hopes of it having WiFi, but it appears not to. Now I have to seriously consider switching providers to one that actually has WiFi phones if I want a new phone similar to this or the iPhone.
- Re: WiFi vs 3G -- am I missing something? by Rich Brome
- Re: WiFi vs 3G -- am I missing something? by hammer4995
- Re: WiFi vs 3G -- am I missing something? by cwcanty
- Why WiFi is missing by Rich Brome
- Re: WiFi vs 3G -- am I missing something? by durkadurkha
- Wifi Schmifi... by devilsmafia
- Why-Fi? by LordObento
- Re: am I missing something? YES by CellStudent
- Re: WiFi vs 3G -- am I missing something? by Overmann