Phone Scoop

printed July 1, 2015
See this page online at:

Home  ›  News  ›

RIM May Split Business Apart

Article Comments  

Back to message list

I Find It Ironic

by T Bone    Jun 25, 2012, 11:46 AM

When at&t offered to buy T-Mobile, so many people here complained about the possibility of an 'at&t/Verizon duopoly' yet now that we are actually facing that very possibility in the smartphone market, an 'Apple/Google duopoly' many of the people who bemoaned a duopoly in carriers are gleefully cheering for one in smartphone operating systems....

If it ever actually does get down to just 'iPhone vs Android' and nothing else....then as smartphone consumers we're seriously boned....

We've already seen the number of options decline by 2....Palm and Symbian both gone....and our choices are diminished as a result...

If RIM does indeed go bankrupt, as so many of you are gleefully hoping, then our only options will be iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.....two big companies taking up 95% of the market with Microsoft picking up the remaining 5%.....and how much longer can Windows Phone survive in a world with only Android and iPhone to compute with? My guess is not long.

If RIM dies, give it 5 years and we will have iPhone and Android and nothing else....

All you people cheering for RIM's that what you want?

Report to moderator


This forum is closed.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram


All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.