Phone Scoop

printed November 28, 2015
See this page online at:

Home  ›  News  ›

T-Mobile Moves 3G Network to 1900MHz in Las Vegas

Article Comments  

This forum is closed.

This forum is closed.


Sep 21, 2012, 2:47 PM

Hey Rich

I thought T-Mobile used 850 for edge and 1700 for 3g/4g? Which is why att devices usually only get edge on t-mobile networks? Because they both operate on 850 MHz for edge.
t-Mobile has both 850 / 1900 Mhz spectrum for the 2G (EDGE) network that they were using. at&t device only get 2G because they do not support WCDMA 1700. However, with the frequency refarming, any device that supports WCDMA 1900 in that specific are...

Sep 21, 2012, 1:59 PM

90% covered. Hmmm... What about the other 10% ?

What will T-Mobile do to cover that last ten percent? I wonder what markets this ten percent is composed of?
90% will be covered by two 10Mhz channels. The other areas will simply have less coverage.
5 Mhz channels.

Sep 21, 2012, 3:36 PM

AT&T roaming

So does this mean AT&T customers will finally be able to roam onto T-Mobiles HSPA? With 3G or AT&T's 4G speeds?
If t-mobile has a specific roaming agreement in that area with at&t and there is No or Weak at&t coverage (as in, the T-Mobile signal must be STRONGER than the at&t signal) then yes, you can roam on T-mobile's HSPA+ network.
Page  1  of 1

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram


All content Copyright 2001-2015 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.