LG AX-355 / UX-355
i love the phone its one of lgs best. it definatly tops the 815 and razr in every feature possible!
i love the scrolling lcd screen and i love the moving walpapers
the only flaw i can find in the phone is the screen, as nice as it is an as good as the pics are..the screen and display just isnt up to par.. it wasnt enuff to ruin the review of the 355 but it was enuff to take it from a perfect 5 to a 4.5
i have had this phone just over a month now and it has done nothing but impress! the video/picture quality is great, t2t is very easy to access and the my menu is awesome! my biggest problem with any phone is durability, i tend to drop and break phones alot! i have put this phone threw the gauntlet and is still looking and working great, and its an lg so it's gonna be dependable!
AD reviews continues below...
I'm an sales representative and I've gone through quite a few phones in the past year both personal and buisness phones. Those phones being the Nokia 6255i, Motorola V710, Audiovox 6700, Motorola e815, and Kyocera Slider Remix. All the phones have been below the mark in what I expect quality to feature to price wise. (Except the Nokia Ive kept that on my personal line since day one).
But now I feel LG has hit the nail on the head with this great phone.
* Sleek professional design, looks "cool" while still looking like something a buisness person could carry.
* Great Picture Quality. Just outstanding pictures in most indoor/outdoor settings.
* Great signal. In my area which is a very rural area there are just places where signal can be low. This LG has beat or matched in SIDE BY SIDE comparisons every phone I listed above. And matching the v710 in this area was something I did not think I would see for while.
* Our very first picture phone with T2T capabilty.
* Very clear speaker for both speaker phone and ringtones.
* Voice recognition for contacts does not need to be prerecored. First phone Ive seen outside of Motorolas to do this and it does it very well.
* No MP3 Playing ability. Even if it only had the ability to play them as ringtones It would have garnered a perfect 5 from me.
* No external/expandable storage. Not a huge mark in my book since though Ive purchased memory cards for my other phones the only one I ever actually used them for was my Audiovox 6700. Have an MP3 player that is better then any phone mp3 player and if i need to print photos i can just use flikr.
* Battery life is not the greatest. After a days use I will normally be at 25% or so battery left when with all of my other phones but the 710 i can be about 50%-75%.
As a hole I feel the Pro's far out weight the Con's.
This phone has it all, bluetooth, T2T, video and camera! It's small, and slender which makes it easy to carry. The phone has great reception, even though the antenna is not extendable. It's easy to navigate, it even lets you customize your prefered menu options. Comes with great ring tones, loud and easy to hear. Speaker phone is crystal clear and lets you talk with the phone closed. I also liked that you could have different background for you internal and external display. The only thing that I didn't like was that the external display has a scroll type function that can't be turned off. Working in the cellular industry, I would recommend this phone to anyone wanting a reliable, well-built phone.
This phone rocks!
Small, tough, everything except mp3, thats what sirius is for. Great camera, good ringtones out of the box. Great sound quality and speakerphone. Great T2T system. great phonebook, easy to navigate, great reception for no pull up antenna. I have nothing but good to say. I have found no negatives yet.
Ok if you don't need the best reception
I bought this phone a couple weeks ago to try out. The features are plenty. Good camera, T2T, video, speakerphone, loud earpiece. I really liked the layout and menus. Overall I was impressed with the phone until I got it home. I live in an area that has weak signal. I currently use the Moto E815 and it works well at my house. Even my Razr picks up fairly well. The 355 didn't pick up at all. I got the searching for signal everywhere except in one room of the house. Even in that room the signal wasn't enough to talk. I ended up returning the phone since it's not very useful to me. If you live in an area where signal isn't such an issue the 355 would make a good phone.
FAULTY HINGE, STAY AWAY FROM
i really tried to like it, but it broke, 3 times, and it was all because of the HINGE. the hinge was crap. it broke 3 times on the right side. i love LG phones, but really. i got tired of this one.
I have had this phone for almost a year and for the most part I love it, only problem I have had is recently the phone is making me reset the default settings......I have recently been deemed a textaholic per my husband, and it seems after a few dozen saved texts it wont let me type in the text msg screen, I keep having to reset the phone, losing all the pictures and ringtones I paid for, so for that only reason, oh and the ringtones do suck, and this phone doesn't have vibrate for a text alert by its self. My husband says it is because I am saving the text messages ( I delete them when my phone prompts me to), so I've changed the settings to immediately delete the texts to see if I am using up all the internal memory that way, causing the phone to not allow me to text. If anyone has an suggestions for me as to why this is happening please let me know. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Love the scrolling wallpapers, the battery life is nothing short of awesome, if it had an mp3 player it would be perfect
A real phone
I use this phone with the Alltel Network in Wisconsin. This is a real phone. Large enough to feel like you are talking ino the mic, fairly durable and good reception. I love LG's phones.
Large screen and keypad
Very Good reception
Great 1+MP camera
Above average battery length(depending on camera and game use)
External color display
No SD card slot
No MP3 player
Price(was overpriced when I got mine $80.00)
If you are looking for a nice sized phone with good reception and good features, this is it.