Camera Flip is a deterrant
I like almost everything about this phone. I do not own it, but have gotten significant time to test it. I like the screen, camera and the features quite a bit. I didn't get to test signal quality or clarity, but I believe the others that it will be great. My main deterrent is that you have to rotate the flip to use the camera at all. I don't understand this at all. On the A600, you could still access the camera without rotating the flip. I'm curious to know everyone's opinion on whether or not this has become cumbersome and annoying. I'm also concerned that opening the phone one-handed is difficult because the flip rotates as you open it.
I dont blame samung for this bad phone.. this is pretty much what I expected from samsung... I blame sanyo for dropping the ball and NOT adding Bluetooth to the 9000. Folks save your money and wait for better ev-do headsets to hit the market.... IE sanyo.
* bluetooth works like a jem (with planatronics M2500) but has 3-4 foot range if that.
* speaker are nice in loud, and tone is good considering this is a cell phone
* Has Optical zoom...WOW!
* EV-DO is a schweet as it sounds!
* will delete text messages you are typing if you get an incoming message at the same time, if your not careful!
* Headset speaker sounds like a half-duplex speakerphone audio is very choppy and very annoying
* to maximize mp3 capability you need to keep outside keylock off..BUT if you recieve a text message and are right handed your thumb will indubitable hit a key on the right side of the phone causing you to automatically call the person who sent you this text...just a horribly BAD design... typical Samsung.
* Mysterious battery life...let me preface and say i might have just got a bad battery but this is reaction...I charge phone completely before setting it up. First day... battery was dead from useage between 7am to 4pm...no more than 45 min talk time, very little data usage, no mp3 usage....day 2...phone charged overnight and yet wasnt completly charged... still similar result... your luck to get a day or usage out this puppy! And meter will go down and UP during the day, again who knows?
* Surpringly bulky and heavy...lots of features but reminds me of 1999-2000 sprint phone in terms of size...and oddly enough it uses the micro sd (pricy and limited to 512MB memory)...Mini SD slot should have easily fit...I think perhaps backend money from Micro SD folks? You never know.
* 2 MP cam temps purchaser, but delivery horrible blurry pics.. basically unusable
* USB cable ONLY for net usage.. no sync software available
* no mp3 ringtone
Sprint, where is your Quality Assurance?
I went to buy this phone, I can hardly wait for the new EV-DO, and was very disappointed with the camera. The phone is very nice, I would have bought it instantly if the camera performed better.
Every shot in the camera (from previous testers) was blurred, as was every shot I took in the store. [Note that I tested the only other Power Vision phone by Sanyo, and it's camera seemed to perform flawlessly!]
After reading the reviews here, specifically with the camera, and after testing, I decided not to buy.
Huge let down for me. If the Sanyo had bluetooth I would take that one, but... Sprint, where is your Quality Assurance?