Sony Ericsson T61c
No Bluetooth Smartback
I have not purchased the phone, but have seen it available at Radio Shack for $50 with rebate.
I am posting a review as I did a bunch of research based upon the specs here that lead one to believe that Bluetooth is available via Smartback.
After speaking with Sony Ericsson on the phone, they do not currently have a Bluetooth Smartback available for the T61C, so don't look for one.
Minus the DBA-10 approach mentioned here, which is not supported and extends the length of the phone (right out of using the holster), there are no Verizon express ready phones that have bluetooth.
AD reviews continues below...
this phone was not cool. The design was but the little button for the menu ya had to move like a little joystick was awesome! i loved that. only prollem did not have many features. But the make your own monophonic ringtone thing was pretty cool. Hard to do but got the codes from tamingthebeast.net
All in all pretty cool, but switching to cingular and a nice color screen n polyphonic ringtones was an amazing spirit lifter..
Sony didn't do Ericsson any justice!
How did this thing get out of testing? If you want to drop your cash for a pretty paperweight, go for it. Otherwise, what a waste of time and shelf space for Verizon Wireless! Obviously Sony's merge with Ericsson wasn't as successful as they anticipated, since it birthed this atrocity.
I have yet to find a useful feature or postitive selling point about this phone. Some negative's that stick out (like a sore thumb).
1. Speaking of sore thumbs, you should have a sore finger on your hand somewhere by the time you're done with this thing. The buttons are tiny and the menu control is beyond annoying.
2. The screen is tiny and very difficult to read.
3. You will sooner learn to navigate a fighter jet than this phone. Might as well be written in Greek. And don't look to the book for much solace.
4. Who designed this thing, a toddler? It's poor design is cheap and makes it look and feel like a toy.
5. And it might as well be a toy, because when you'll be talking to yourself halfway through nearly every call. Prepare yourself for phone envy if you stand next to anyone else and their phone. Your jaw will drop to see their signal far exceeds yours (on the same carrier).
If I haven't talked you out of this phone yet, talk yourself out of it! It's complete junk!!
Ive had the phone for a few months now. i like it. i have a custom case and lights with custom ring tones. I love it compaired to my other verizon phones where i really couldnt do anything to cause nothing ever works with verizon phones. but u can use any face plates for the T60 - T61 series sony ericsson phones.
I have the Jabra blue tooth headset and it works great.
they have aim on there phones now. wahoo. i guess there slowly getting a clue.
I just got the SE t61c yesterday and I like it.
It's got a great interface and once you get the hang of it, it's really easy to use.
My only worry is the signal strengh. With my Nokia 3285 I got strong signal everywhere, even in the basement of my house. I got rid of it becasue it had other technical problems and weak battery.
With the t61i I've noticed a flatline outside, even with the antenna fully extended . And sometimes the indicater fluctuates, showing full then nothing.
Other than this I really like the phone.
But the jury is still out.