Motorola Z6c World Edition
Very Good Phone
Have had the Z6c for about a week and overall I am very pleased with it. There are still some lingering questions as far as how it will work overseas with a 3rd party SIM. But overall a very fine phone compared to my old RAZR.
Very good phone connections compared to my old RAZR. Clear on both ends
Slider appears to be sturdy and well built so far.
Good Bluetooth Connections and ability to talk and listen.
Good Menu Selection with keys positioned well.
Voice Activation for phone positioned better compared to RAZR to prevent accidental selection.
Very nice Camera (2 MP)but No Flash
SIM - No real problem installing or removing
Battery life has been good so far
MicroSD Memory appears to be a bit of a pain to install
No Flash on Camera (No Biggie for Me)
Does pickup finger-prints and smearing on screen easily
Overall; Very fine job by Motorola and Verizon for offering a relatively in-expensive global phone to compete with ATT and T-Mobil. Now if the 3rd party SIM's work when I try it here soon then they have a winner in the Z6c!
Upgraded from a Razr 3m that looked cool but got poor reception in comparison to my previous phone, a Motorola E815. The E815 was the best cell phone that I have had until I received the Z6c.
- the construction is very solid with a super smooth slider mechanism that locks with a switch on the side, locking not only the slider but the keys for prevention of accidental activation
- the design is great with a large, sharp, clear display, side buttons where they should be, and ability to answer and send calls from the contact list without sliding the phone open are nice features
- sound quality is great
- signal strength is the best that I have experienced in my area with EVDO and 1x
- dual band capabilities will be appreciated with travel outside the US although this functionality has not been tested yet in my use of the phone
- back of phone is tactile to touch so that it does not slide so easily off of surfaces - nice touch
- BlueTooth set-up worked great and gives a very good signal with my BlueTooth earpiece
- keypad layout is tactile with large enough keys and adequate spacing that dialing is not a problem even with reflection on keypad in strong light
- choose between vibrate or ring; bring back the vibrate and then ring feature that was standard on previous Motorola phones
- microUSB connector requires purchasing of miniUSB to microUSB convertors for spare charger and car charger; great for third parties who make some money on these necessities but a pain for an owner
- headphone adaptor requires USB dongle that is included with phone but must be carried if headphones are to be used
- keypad is shiny and reflects too much light in bright sunshine but otherwise works well
- music function - do not use so have not tried it
If you like Motorola phones, get this one as your next one.
Got the phone from Alltel's U prepaid service. So if you have bad credit and dont want to pay a huge deposit you can still get a great phone. You dont even have to be 18. I live in Yuma AZ. and the signal is fantastic.
small and stylish (slider)
great 2.0 megapixel camera with video.
MP3 player is so easy to use
bluetooth works like a charm
Not slow like the razor or krazor.
Micro USB is right on top of phone.
Battery life is fantastic...
Not really a con, but the speaker could be a little louder.
the buttons are crammed together so you sometime make a mistake and exit out of something. Other than those two I cant find anything else that would stop you from getting this phone. ITS GREAT!!!!
An Excellent Phone that needs some tweaking
Reception is excellent and the earpiece is extremely clear. Callers cannot tell that I am calling from a mobile phone. This phone gets signals in locations I have unable been able to use with some of my previous handsets.
The phone has a solid feel and the slider is smooth and easy to use. The display is very bright. In fact, I reduced the brightness two levels, in order to preserve battery life. I especially like the slide switch for the keyboard lock.
The speaker independent voice dialing works flawlessly.
Even though the speakerphone volume is on the low side, callers were unable to tell that I switched to speakerphone.
I purchased the Global Pack from Verizon. They claim they will be able to provide an unlock code for the SIM card in about six weeks.
The SIM slot is extremely difficult to reach. If you have a Micro SD card installed, it must be removed in order to get to the SIM card.
The speakerphone is clear but the volume slightly on the low side. I also wish the handset volume can be increased by one or two levels. Perhaps Moto will address this in future firmware updates.
Battery life with the standard battery is too short. I will need to upgrade to the extended battery.