this is a great phone i switched to it after having tried the Motorola v360 and alot of other "not so good" in nice terms phones and i have fallen in love with it . It is great durable and i swear to you it has been put in the washer and come out working!!!! As do most Samsung phones!!! Samsung phones are great and this is the cream of the crop for me!!!
A great phone.
I've had my t629 for about a month now. I like the phone quite well.
Slide action is very clean.
Picture quality is decent.
You can set MP3s as ring tones.
You can set a different ring tone for everyone if you want.
The phone has a decent organizer for a regular phone.
Saved me some money on getting an MP3 player. =)
The phone looks sexy in person.
It's not a very common phone in my area, so the 'Wow' factor is great.
Non-customizable soft keys
Delay on camera.
No stereo Bluetooth.
I get one bar or less in my apartment, but I'm pretty sure that it's a building issue. I don't know anyone (CDMA or GSM) that gets signal in there...except my roommate with Sprint, but he's the only Sprint customer I know that gets service there. I don't know what his secret is.
Biggest pet peeve: Can't skip around in a song or video.
Overall, it's a great phone. I really hope that they decide to release a firmware update for this thing soon, because there's so much that the phone has the hardware to do, but the software just doesn't allow it. Also, the back light on the screen does stay lit when the phone's charging, but it's really not as big a deal as it would seem. If you just lay the phone face down, it practically hoses the brightness.
The only reason I gave this phone a 2 is because of the overall look and the features it offers.
* Large screen
* Good graphics
* Lots of fun features ( MP3, Can make MP3's into ringtones, Voice memos, Can make memos into ringtones)
* Lots of screen setting options
* Probably other pros that I can't remember
* OMG!!! The camera is awful!!! If you move slightly the picture is distorted. It has a delay between the moment you push the button and when the pic is actually taken. Poor quality pics!!!
* Reception is to be desired! I live in north Alabama on the outskirts of a large city but I spend alot of time in town. I have never had this much of an issue with any other phone I can remember!!
* No personalization of menu and arrow keys
* If keys aren't locked you will access the camera when sliding up the phone. Not good placement.
* Speaker is not nearly loud enough to adequately enjoy the MP3 player.
* The voice recognition isn't always very clear. It gives you too many options and some that sound nothing like what you said.
* I'm sure there are others that I can't remember!
Overall, I was so disappointed!!! I really wanted to love this phone. I am with T Mobile and I upgrade every year to get some of the new features. They have sent me 3 different ones and stated the others may be defective. They have all been the same. I have 2 small kids and I can hardly get a decent pic. My best friend held her Samsung Trace and my T629 side by side and took the same pic. The settings on the camera were exactly the same but the pics were completely different. Hers- fabulous & clear. Mine- horrible & blurry. My sister says she hates my phone also because she can't have a decent conversation with me. It is a roll of the dice if I am going to get good reception or not!!! So, if you do decide on this phone-Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!