Sony Ericsson W600i / W550i
i hope it works very well since it has to last 2 years. i have a couple of questions.
1. can you set your downloaded music as a ringtone?
2.can you record something & set it as a wring tone?
3. can you put a personal message like your name on the screen like most nokia phones can?
4. does this phone hold a lot of photos even with your music on there.
5. can you add memory to this phone?
thank you for your help
2. Yes, you can record sounds and use them as a ringtone.
3. No, you cannot use a personal message on the phone's home screen.
4. This would depend on how many songs you put on the phone. I have 54 mp3s on mine, so there's not much room for pictures.
5. You can't add memory to the phone. It does come with 256 MB of internal memory, though. That's sufficient for me.
2. You can record using the voice recorder, and then set that as your ring tone. However, I have found that the recording volume is very low compared to my music, so I don't know that it would be of use to do that as I don't think you could hear it well.
3. Haven't tried...
4. This all depends on your music collection. I have around 40 songs on mine, as well as several applications and still have around 19 MB free. I haven't really taken lots of pictures. I haven't checked the size of the photos, so I don't know how many would fit.
5. No, you cannot add memory to the phone.
I have the Cingular branded phone and service, so your mileage may very depending on your version of ...