HTC EVO 4G
It was fun while it lasted....iPhone
Until last week, I couldn't wait until June to see what Steve Jobs was going to come out with next. I don't care anymore because no matter how "cool" it is; it will not come close to the EVO 4G.
With 100% certainty I can tell you it will not be better than this phone because:
At&t's service is horrible
It will not run on a 4G network (which is 10 times faster)
It will not allow you to tether (for free) through a hotspot or usb
It will not have Adobe Flash
It will not have expandable memory
It WILL have many restrictions on their applications
You WILL have to use iTunes!
I give Apple all the credit i...
How many times have we heard "this is perfect" and "this kills the iphone"? We just went through this a couple of months ago with the Nexus One and I have yet to see ANYONE with a Nexus One in hand and I live in a very large city.
Theoretically, Sprint should have "killed the iphone" with the Instinct what, a year ago? I remember their commercials that outright said it was the "iPhone Killer". The truth is, the hardware specs on this device are nice, but the platform is still very buggy and very young. The apps for Android are very lackluster and mostly just adware.
I said that I'm sure he'll like it but based on the previous experience will all of the iPhone killers in the last 3 years, maybe it's time to start actually owning and using a device until you start singing it's praises and bowing to it's altar.
Just don't overhype stuff in your head and you won't be as disappointed in the reality of the device.
I never cared for the Droid nor the Nexus One but this goes above and beyond all phones!
Sprint's poor marketing didn't sell me on this device, trust me. The specs on the other hand and the capabilities are exactly what I've wanted for the passed three years while owning an iPhone.
I don't need to use the EVO 4G to understand that it is the next phone that I will own. There are key elements in this phone that outright smother the iPhone and that are the most important to me...
4G network in my area.
3G/4G WIFI hotspot
Adobe Flash so that my internet browsing on my mobile device will not be LIMITED!
A user friendly way to import/exp...
While I plan on getting an EVO some things not all that black and white.
1. No way tethering is going to be free, it isn't on any sprint "phone". Some people do it, by hacking (they can be tossed, or charged) and some pay for it, no one gets it sanctioned for free.
2. It will be interesting to see how good the flash support is before just declaring "mission accomplished".
3. We have no idea what this thing is going to cost.
4. We have no idea what the Iphone 4G is going to cost.
5. Ipod, Ipad, iphone, itunes is a well established ecosystem with a very high level of user experience attached. That is why the iphones are so popular and the ipad will be as well, regardless of the shortc...