UTStarcom Super Slice / CDM-1450
First Impressions with the Super Slice
1. It uses a mini-USB plug for the charger. It's located on the right side of the phone. I was able to locate a windows XP driver for the phone, but thus far haven't been able to get anything to actually see it, other than windows itself.
2. The screen is aweful. My old Kyocera Slider (which is probably 5 years old now) looks a lot better.
3. The ringer/speaker is located on the back side. Seems like a decent spot, until you set the phone down. Because the back of the phone is so flat, the speaker volume is muted to roughly 25%.
4. The Contacts list is annoying, you can only view 3 names at a time.
5. Call quality is surprisi...
With the SuperSlice, they all disconnect every 3-5 minutes, consistantly, when not in a call. It's almost like the phone is going to sleep, then comes back alive when the device tries to reconnect.