Samsung SYNC SGH-A707
Issues that I have with the phone
2. Limited customization of lots of different options, including...visualization when playing music, animation that plays when making or receiving a call or when a call is connected, color of clock that displays on the outside of the phone (text and face with analog) the ads on cingular show blue I get no option for that on mine, inability to customize menu options, putting the most used at the top (I never use cingular mall, medianet, cingular vide...
2. No samsung (or phone that i am aware of) has ever let you customize the animations when calling or playing music, its just something extra. No phones need animation, and would be a waste to have 4 or 5 to chose from. Phones can only have so much on it, and you dont want to sacrifice somehting as big as bluetooth for a mesely animation.
3. as far as things that are buried deep. Just make them shortcuts and theyre easily accessible. Not everything can come up with a push of one button. (but yes, these things, such as an alarm, were never buried this deep before)
4. and as the for the black...
2. the main annoying thing about the animation, is that it's so large, any image you have loaded for a contact is shrunk down really tiny.
3. agreed, but unfortunately only the 4 buttons can be assigned, which is almost as many as I need.
4. Actually I'm talking about the inside menu selection, all the icons are blue and orange, and the menus are black with an orange highlight. It feels like I'm eternally stuck in halloween. In regards to the clock, it would be nice to have a choice of colors, since pictures seem to indicate that that is possible (for the analong one at least) and all I can seem to find is the 2 options (blackface analog 1 and greyface analog 2).
Having the wallpaper is nice if the front LCD weren'...
The inability to do anything else while playing music. You can't even text. I wanted to dial a number and I had to stop my music and when I go back to it, it doesn't even remember where I left off.
And what the heck is with phones not even giving you one good game to play. I understand that that is not the main motivation behind buying a phone, but it's nice if one of the games on your phone can help you kill some time. If you're lucky you'll kill enough time for 1 level or about 5 minutes of play...stupid.
Also, I put my music in folders, so it's easier to find. It'd be nice if the phone recognized those folders on the memory card. Instead it tosses all music into one huge file. God help you if you have anyth...
Seriously, why can't they make one universal charging port. I think the miniusb would be the best option, as it allows data access, as well as charging capabilities from a plug or computer. I'm sick and tired of seeing a thousand and one charging cables.
On to my Samsung AKA why I was 30 minutes late to work this morning.
The phone is retarded when it comes to alarms. I just realized that what I was doing for my "Snooze" wasn't working. If you open the phone, hit Snooze and close the phone, the Snooze is cancelled. If you open the phone, hit Snooze and leave the phone open it works. Or if you never open the phone and just hit the exterior button to stop the alarm, it automatically snoozes...
Today, just randomly, my music wouldn't play, it acted really tweaky. I pushed play nothing, no time counting nothing, pushed pause, time count showed 0:03, play...nothing, pause...0:06, play for a little longer...nothing, pause...0:23. I pulled the microsd card out, put it back in and still nothing, I had to turn the phone off, then back on.
Also, and I'm not sure if this is related to message size. But, my inbox is saying it's full, no new messages are being saved to it. I checked the memory status, on the phone 400/500, on the sim card 23/30. 8904kb available on th...
- can't pair to BT GPS device (no HID)
- built in Netfront browser chokes on larger pages
- can't even adjust volume once keys are self-locked when phone is closed.
- to set default number for multi number entries you have to type it in again ?!?
- no POP client
- only 4 shortcuts? Even my poor Razr has dozens of them for almost anything!
- What, no subwoofers?!? 🙂 😁
to set default number for multi number entries you have to type it in again ?!?
Nope. Navigate to the phone entry, select it, select Options | 7. Mark Default Number | Options | 1. Change
At this point, a popup menu appears that contains all the phone numbers associated with that contact (yes, along with icons representing what kind of number). Select desired number from list and then select Options | 2. Save
built in Netfront browser chokes on larger pages
Get Opera Mini.
Don't all the current cell phones have GPS built in?
No, only CDMA phones (Sprint, Verizon, etc.)
If so, why does Google Maps not already know where I am?
Even with CDMA, the phone also needs a location API for applications to access location data, and the carrier needs to provide the tools to developers to location-enable their applications. This is the case with most new CDMA phones, but there are still some that can only use GPS for E-911.