Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

show all 8 replies

NHL Is Back In Action - Yah or Nah

knowledge

Jul 14, 2005, 3:12 PM
Well we all should have heard the those picky, rich, snobs, that are hockey players have come to an outragous agreement with ridiculous payday amounts, anyway.... what do you think, because i think that it's a shame that they ONLY get 20 - 40 million and no more that 54% of the team income(yeah, right), also are you going to be watch hockey, or are you like me and have lost interest in the sprot since it hasn't been on in a year.
ralph_on_me

Jul 14, 2005, 3:30 PM
I lost interest, but the only other decent sport to watch was Rugby and we don't get too much of that in the States. Ticket prices for next season have already been posted at $50 for glass, where last season (the last season played) they were between $250 and $500. I'll be going to more games for sure.
knowledge

Jul 14, 2005, 3:34 PM
yeah i think they dropped the prices because with them not plaing last season alot of fans have lost interest and just won't watch this season - they need to attrcat the fans back or there won't be anymore hockey.
jed_ed

Jul 18, 2005, 8:01 PM
wow what a genius statement. did you think of that all by yourslef knowledge or did every sports program on network tv influence your opinion.

regurgitated opinions and remarks suck
Aarynk

Jul 14, 2005, 4:09 PM
I still love hockey... but hate all the damn lockout crap. I can't wait for the season to start

GO AVALANCHE!!!!
themike314

Jul 14, 2005, 4:58 PM
Didn't like hockey to begin with, so no problem there. I don't like basketball or baseball, either.

They're all boring to watch.
BrandyChan

Jul 14, 2005, 7:48 PM
Any true (Canadian) hockey fans will be back. We'll come back and watch the game because it's the one true game we love.

I for one can't wait to sit in my season ticket seats again here in Vancouver^_-
cingularbentmeover

Jul 15, 2005, 11:30 AM
all i have to say about the nhl being back is...whatever

now give me the CFL and Im good to go
rogersuser

Jul 15, 2005, 2:47 PM
Yah. As far as some of the info in your post however, it is 54% of LEGUE revenue, not team revenue, if that was the case, the small market teams would cease to exisit, although Columbus, Minnisota, and Carolina may be on the chopping block before the next CBA anyway. I personally think that if the NHL cannot get a National TV contract, contraction is going to be needed. Some small market teams shouldn't have existed to begin with.
I will be back at the hanger for the Leafs home opener, I just hope the CBC strike will end quickly so that with hockey coming back when I don't trek to TO to see the gave live, I can still see it on the best hockey network CBC, and enjoy Cherry & McLean on Coaches Corner.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.