Home  ›  Forums  ›

Canada

all discussions

notification of expiration of pre-paid account

Sharon2491

Nov 26, 2012, 3:27 PM
Every year in November I buy a $100 card to top up my Virgin Mobile account. I always write a memo in the next year's calendar to remind me to top up the following year before the expiry date. This system had worked well and I had accumulated a balance of around $400 since the initial phone purchase about 5 years ago. The system worked well, that is, until this year. I must have forgotten to write the memo last year and, when I checked my account on the weekend, I found my account balance had been wiped out and was now zero.

So my question is this...Is there any carrier in Canada that automatically notifies their pre-paid account customer when it is time to top up?

A second question comes to mind....If there is not one...then why n...
(continues)
TheDudeAbides

Nov 30, 2012, 11:59 PM
pay as you go custys aren't worth much to big companies, they make money off of goof ups just like yours. Prepaid peeps are treated like second class citezens and are strongly encouraged to switch to a contract account. Now that I'm in postpaid I get calls from prepaid peeps in my network and can't do ish for them except push contract accts. Sorry.
allahditta

Dec 20, 2012, 2:42 AM
🤭 This is Awkward message that the carrier give preference to postpaid, but the low economy person can't get as per their package requirement. due to low budget.
Prepaid holder should encourage by Carrier.
TheDudeAbides

Dec 20, 2012, 8:38 PM
it stinks

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.