all discussions

show all 15 replies

C$85,000 Bill?????????????

texaswireless

Dec 13, 2007, 4:10 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071213/tc_nm/phonebill_ ... »

By Claire Sibonney
1 hour, 14 minutes ago

TORONTO (Reuters) - A Canadian oil-field worker, stunned to get a C$85,000 ($83,700) cell phone bill, has had the charges reduced to C$3,400, but is still fighting them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Piotr Staniaszek, a 22-year-old oil and gas well tester in rural northwest Alberta, became a figure of international media attention this week when his father went to the press to complain about the size of his son's bill.

Staniaszek's father, also named Piotr Staniaszek, said his son thought he could use his new phone as a modem for his computer as part of his C$10 unlimited browser plan from Bell Mobility, a division of Bell Canada.

(continues)
eljeffe666

Dec 13, 2007, 5:24 PM
fight the rest of the charges
considering they reduced the bill as much as they did i would be greatfull cause u cant brouse the web and then not get charged for it he!! i sell phones and im nervous bout sending pics and internet cause i dont know what i have on my plan
so moral of the story call and talk to a rep b4 u do something like that
and if a cell company agrees to pay for $81,600. of u cell bill u best kiss there a$$
Blumpelstiltskin

Dec 13, 2007, 6:52 PM
texaswireless said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071213/tc_nm/phonebill_ ... »

"He's working in the field sometimes, alone, in the shack. What to do? Drink vodka or go on the Internet?"

pass the stoli!
Dj Podmaster

Dec 14, 2007, 9:35 AM
What are they expecting? A month of service free? Its his fault for not properly reading the terms and conditions or even asking if he can do that.

Pass the vodka!!!!
HisImage

Dec 14, 2007, 1:29 PM
Buy unlimited packages. 🤤
ZombieJ

Dec 15, 2007, 12:01 PM
I've overheard more than one rep telling people they can do that.

The customer is always wrong only applies if you assume the company representative is always right... they aren't. not even by a long shot.
robtheman

Dec 15, 2007, 12:24 PM
I'm not even sure what the big deal is. I mean...it's like $0.35 US.
Webb

Dec 15, 2007, 5:27 PM
robtheman said:
I'm not even sure what the big deal is. I mean...it's like $0.35 US.

You're thinking of the value of an American treaty. $3400 Cdn is more like $3404.43 US at the time of this posting.
robtheman

Dec 15, 2007, 5:30 PM
Stop giving me these numbers that are based on "reality." I prefer to go by my gut, and my gut tells me that Canada is a second rate country.
Webb

Dec 15, 2007, 5:31 PM
Rumor has it that the Canadian mint will be discontinuing circulation of the penny.

Don't worry, though. For transactions smaller than $.05 Cdn you can always use the American nickel.
robtheman

Dec 15, 2007, 5:37 PM
That's your problem. You Canadians can't even differentiate the currencies of two different countries.
Webb

Dec 15, 2007, 6:19 PM
The American nickel is the new Canadian penny.
fyredawg

Dec 16, 2007, 11:00 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! !!!!!!!! EVERYONE CHECK YOUR CONTRACTS!!!
beeferjay

Dec 18, 2007, 8:06 AM
ha ha
Webb

Dec 18, 2007, 4:04 PM
WTF is your Gravitar, Beeferjay? Some kind of tumor?
techguy22

Dec 20, 2007, 9:41 PM
Come on you know this on Arnold. "It's not a tuma!!"

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.