Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

SE W900i in CA

bigjerms

Jun 19, 2006, 2:50 AM
Does anyone have the SE W900i and lives in CA? I was planning on buying this international phone on ebay and I wanted to see how the service is and how you like this phone.

My sim card is actually for AT&T but should work on all the Cingular networks, presumably the 1900 since the SE W900i doesn't support 850. And I live in the SF bay area.

Any help would be welcome, either about the service on the 1900 band in my area or about the phone. I don't want to pay $600 for the phone only to find out I get shoddy service in the area. Thanks!
scotsboyuk

Jun 22, 2006, 1:19 AM
Not only does the W900 not support 850 MHz, it is a 2100 MHz UMTS handset. Thus you would loose some of its functionality in North America.

As you are already aware, the lack of 850 MHz support may cause you to experience coverage problems. If your area is 1900 MHz only or mostly 1900 MHz then you may not consider this to be too much of a drawback.

Having said that, $600 is a lot of money to pay for a mobile phone that you won't be able to use to its full potential.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.