Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Ericsson t39 gsm tri band in S. Africa

chrislautsbaugh

Jan 19, 2006, 5:25 AM
I have an Ericsson T39 GSM tri band that I am trying to get to work in S. Africa. It wont pick up a network - any tips?
dca

Jan 20, 2006, 1:39 PM
Call your service provider. Verify in the area you are in has GSM coverage. f you have T-Mobile, see if they have roaming agreements with these:

http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_za.shtml »
mrcamp

Jan 20, 2006, 6:32 PM
I am sure your phone has the bands used there. What I am not sure about is if you have to manually select the band for that country (900/1800), or the phone does it automatically. So, verify that you have the correct band selected. Then, if it still does not work, and you were trying to roam, your carrier may not have provisioned your account for roaming, or they just do not have a roaming agreement with anyone there. If that's the case, and your phone is unlocked, you may want to look into getting a prepaid sim out there.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.