Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Using a "Hop" sim for three different networks

MsThea

Jul 4, 2005, 11:45 AM
I have an unlocked Motorola v400 which is a quad band phone. I will be traveling to Ghana, Mali and Burkina Faso in two weeks..
I purchased a "Hop" sim for my phone which is supposed to be good in all three countries.

The sim card has a Monaco telephone number.
I have three questions:

Is there a way to COPY the numbers from my USA sim card to the phone so I will have access to them while away? Do I have to add an international prefix to dial them?

Under Network settings my phone says Band= Automatic. Will it change to the correct band for each country by itself, or do I have to do it manually?

I am porting my USA number from Cingular to Verizon with a v710 and using my unlocked v400 for international travel. Can I use the "H...
(continues)
mrcamp

Jul 5, 2005, 10:27 AM
1. It depends on your phone. But on most phones, there should be an option to copy all the contacts to SIM and vice-versa. Check yoir phone manual for details or post your phone model here. It’s a good idea to always store all numbers (including US numbers) with the international dialing prefix. So, all you have to do is dial straight from the phone book from whatever country you are in. The function of the ‘+’ is to automatically determine the international dialing code for whatever country you are dialing from. So storing the number as +countrycodeNumber will ease things. Actually my Motorola and Nokia manuals recommend that all numbers be stored “internationally aware” So, my numbers numbers are stored as +3125551212, UK +4477788999, et...
(continues)
MsThea

Jul 5, 2005, 6:14 PM
Thank you 😁 You are a wealth of information.
I will be picking up my prepaid card tomorrow, and I am adding the international dialing prefix to the numbers because it is a good idea to have it there.
mrcamp

Jul 6, 2005, 6:29 AM
This +3125551212 should actually be +13125551212.
mikethaler

Aug 27, 2005, 1:34 AM
For lots of info on prepaids like Hop and Riiing - go to the international forum section on
www.prepaidgsm.net

...mike

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.