Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Why Android books and magazines UK based?

spirit22

Mar 10, 2012, 4:49 AM
Can someone please explain to me why all the magazines and books in US bookstores on the Android platform or Android apps are UK based (pricing is all or mostly in pounds, addresses for subscription services are in UK, etc.,)? Android is via Google, an American company, thus I don't get why pretty much all (OK, I found 1 written and published in the US) of the magazines and books coming out of the UK. All input helpful and welcome.

Also, I have asked this before with no response so another try... Can anyone recommend a good book or magazine to pick up for someone who is new to the Android platform (first smartphone so the learning curve is feeling a little steep)?
Massively

Mar 10, 2012, 7:24 PM
i work for Sprint, and just in case your phone is similar to any of the android phones we offer, try sprint.com/getreadynow
there are some discussions regarding android phones there. although im not sure if the troubleshooting documents will work for your phone. ALSO, sprint stores offer READYNOW service for smartphone users- free device tutorial.

check with your service provider if they offer a similar service that you might have not heard of.

as for magazines, i would rather visit websites since they're more updated. i cant provide an exact example for now.

i hope this helps
melrhodes

Mar 11, 2012, 3:55 PM
You don't have an android phone right? ๐Ÿคจ
Massively

Mar 19, 2012, 3:49 PM
relevance?
melrhodes

Mar 19, 2012, 5:40 PM
you didn't give the correct answer to his question
Massively

Mar 19, 2012, 5:52 PM
and that's not a correct response to my response to. lol

at least, he got a response. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Massively

Mar 19, 2012, 11:43 PM
"Android is most-used smartphone OS in UK, overtaking Apple--Android is most-used smartphone OS in UK, overtaking Apple. " guardian.co.uk

and as I read in several magazines, interest for printed media in the United States is very low..that can be a logical explanation why most magazines about Android [as well as books] are UK-based or published outside the US. and...American publishers are getting more money w/ e-books.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.