Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Advice for the Caribbean

smrwind

Dec 4, 2008, 1:35 PM
We live on our sailboat 6 months/yr in the caribbean, frequently in the BVI or USVI. Internet signals are either expensive or not working, so I want to get either a blackberry or iphone so that we can connect to the net while in the islands, since they always have cell signal there.
This would keep us from lugging our computer to shore. I am leaning to iphone. it seems the easiest to use, and we are not really high-tech. Any advice would be appreciated.
ajlineman

Dec 4, 2008, 2:52 PM
First of all, yes I would suggest the iPhone. Its easy to use and once you get used to it, it can do everything but cook ya breakfast.

My real response to this post is in reguards to your living on your sailboat 6 months a year. Not only am I extremely jealous, I'm curious what you did to get the money to afford something like that life style without being "High-Tech".

Will you adopt me?
jwonchalk

Dec 5, 2008, 1:14 PM
and receive picture and video messages
ajlineman

Dec 8, 2008, 6:42 PM
Eh, you can still go online and view then from the phone, just takes ya another screen or 2. Big deal
jwonchalk

Dec 9, 2008, 9:15 AM
If the site is ever up I've had one it sucks actually I've had 3 and they all sucked
ajlineman

Dec 9, 2008, 9:58 PM
Well that's your opinion and your entitled to it, but that doesn't mean that every person who buys an iPhone is going to have a bad experience with it.
jwonchalk

Dec 12, 2008, 9:19 AM
Good luck finding a 3g area to use it in the only thing that might be ok with it is the wifi and that is somewhat lagging its just a good media player not phone its an ipod touch. so if your going to just want to connect while on the boat save the headaches and get the ipod touch
ajlineman

Dec 15, 2008, 9:19 PM
Are you speaking from personal experience or just jumping on the bandwagon and complaining about the iPhone just to cut it down based no facts at all?
OfAMightDivine

Dec 16, 2008, 12:27 AM
Watch out for Pirates!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.