Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Confused about International phone services. HELP!

Samisgod

Jul 2, 2007, 3:56 AM
Hi!
I am currently living in The United States. In August i will be going to India, then two months later to Thailand, then to Australia in March.
My current phone is a P.O.S.
I am interested in buying the T-Mobile Wing.
Here are a couple questions:
1) Will the Wing work if i get it unlocked + put a new Sim card of the country that i am in and subscribe to their plan?
2) If i join the new company's plan, will the web browsing and all the web features work?
3) What phone would u recommend for my situation instead of the Wing. I am a T-Mobile customer, but there's always Ebay for my phone needs.

Thank you in advance.
rockprc

Jul 4, 2007, 9:52 AM
Any unlocked qua-band gsm phone will work with a local SIM card. T-mo will unlock for free after 90 days into your contract, no questions asked. That's the experience I had with T-mo.
answers to 1)Wing will work in thesr countries IF it's unlocked. 2)Since Wing has Wi-Fi, you may browse thru any wireless network without using the minutes your purchased for the SIM card.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.