Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 8 replies

CDMA and Ringtones

Vox Dei

Mar 21, 2006, 4:53 PM
Is there anyone that has a CDMA phone from any company that has been able to link up their phone to their computer and transfer ringtones to it? Is there anyone who has tried and not been able to do it?
evilbstrd666

Mar 22, 2006, 11:38 AM
I tried this a long time ago with my Moto T720C; was able to pull ringers off the phone but not able to put any on the phone. Can't say I tried all that hard to find out why it didn't work.
Vox Dei

Mar 22, 2006, 3:10 PM
Because CDMA companys CAN lock their phones so you can't put files on it. I know ours does but someone told me we are the only company that does. I was sure almost all CDMA company's lock their phones that way.
celesticatfl

Mar 22, 2006, 3:45 PM
Do you mean 'locked' so that you have to purchase thru a BREW aplication from the company? Yes we have that. But I know with phones with memory cards like the Nokia6255 and the Kyocera Remix Slider you can move music onto the memory card and then use them as ringtones without paying anyone. Granted the Nokia can't assign special tones that don't cme in the phone, but the Slider Remix allows you to assign to your phonebook.
yeahright

Mar 25, 2006, 10:18 AM
Um, i am with verizon and have uploaded free ringers on all my phones! some allow it through messaging(ex:lg6000, moto 710, 815,razr) just to name a few i have used. Others Ex: lg7000,8000,8100,9800, just a few i have used you just get a data cable and a program called bitpim, you can do ringtones and pix to and from phone.
darkshad0

Mar 26, 2006, 3:00 AM
cellphone bureaucracy i tell ya...i got my razor v3c from verizon and because it was CDMA and not OBEX..i knew i had to find another way to unlock all the features this phone comes with...so the first thing i did was to call verizon wireless up and ask a representative if it was possible to transfer files from my pc to the phone and this girl called Melissa sort of went off on me and started telling me (and i didnt even finish my sentence) NO SIR ! YOU CANNOT DO THAT...NO IT IS IMPOSSIBLE ! THE ONLY THING THE DATA CABLE (A USB TO A MINI-B ) IS CAPABLE OF IS TO TRANSFER CONTACTS AND EMAILS..so me of course being the guy that questions everything had to find a way to prove her wrong...first thing i did was to flash a new firmware from ALTELL a...
(continues)
yeahright

Mar 26, 2006, 10:38 AM
You don't have to go to that extreme, on a razr all you need is a data cable to transfer music and pixs and video. I send all my ringtones to my razr through text messagind, you can send music file up to 350kb that way and save them as your ringtone. As far as that girl telling you can't, well she was doing her job and what she is supposed to tell you. Most reps know you can hack these phones, but when you work for verizon it isn't exactly good job security to tell people how to get around paying for verizon services. I tell people how to do stuff on this forum all the time, bu come in my store and you get a different answer, I like my job, not going to loose it over something stupid like that, i have however pointed people to this website b...
(continues)
darkshad0

Apr 5, 2006, 5:34 PM
yes you are right...the problem wasnt her lieing to me...it was the tone she used to say it...she sounded very condascending..that is why i did what i did...if she could have said..no sir im really sorry i cannot help you out i do not think you can do that..id be happy even though knowing she was lieing...but damn...the way she answered..unbelievable 🙄
dark247

Apr 20, 2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I work for verizon as well, but its two things when your on the phone calling, or if you come in.

V-cast itself has nothing to do with getting music on your phone if you already have music.
But for job security purposes, if you wouldve came into my store, I would've offered to sell you the usb cable.

V-cast music is just a service like napster or whatever, but pointless if you already have music ;) its mainly something we push to newbies. People who know what they are doing, we simply just have them buy the cable and go from there.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.