Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

custom ROM on g2?

phyxlor

Oct 13, 2010, 11:21 AM
i havnt goten the new G2 yet, but had a customer complain that theyve locked the software on the phone not allowing any custom ROMs added to the phone...i know the phone is new, and it took a while before much was available for the G1...is this phone really locked down? can anyone confirm/elaborate?
Black_Beard

Oct 13, 2010, 12:30 PM
yah its kinda true. Apperently htc set up some sort of bug to where it wont let you achieve full root and eventually itll reboot you back to stock....however i believe it'll only be temporary. Cyanogenmod got their rom on it with full root but appearently it was a rather nasty process. You can follow it over at xda and android central has articles about it too.
phyxlor

Oct 13, 2010, 1:13 PM
ah, thanks... pretty sure nothings perminant, where theres a will, theres a way... too bad i cant tell custs over the phone that there is a way... some guy was very upset at me... (i didnt even sell him the phone!)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.