Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

Sanyo to Verizon

grobinson2

Jan 8, 2004, 4:46 PM
I have had a cell phone for quite a long time. I have had Sprint and Verizon and like them both. I have also worked for both but it has been a while ago. I currently have Verizon because of there coverage. However like most others out there apparently I am not a huge fan of Verizon’s phones. I am not one of these people that are interested in a camera phone but instead want the best call quality possible as well as reception. What I very much want to do and do not really care how much money it takes to get it done is get the Sanyo SCP-5400/RL 2500 and or the SCP-5500 / VM4500 working on Verizons network. I do not need the two way feature and I don’t need the get it now stuff. All I want is my text messaging and voice mail and phone. ...
(continues)
brodfukker

Feb 2, 2004, 2:04 AM
It is possible to use Sprint phones on VZW's network - I've done it ... but there are a few catches ... some will only operate on "extended network" which means that your vm alerts & text messaging won't work. The way to "switch" the phone is to get the MSL for your SPCS phone & then you have to program the SPCS phone for the VZW network codes. The you need to have VZW customer care do a phone swap for you to the ESN of your SPCS phone - but don't tell them its a SPCS phone & they will say that there is "no info found on your handset" & you say oh it's just an older phone but it will work fine I just need it switched over. Then you will do the *228 OTA programming & now you have a phone with SPCS labels & VZW service.
grobinson2

Feb 2, 2004, 8:03 AM
Brodfukker,
Thank You soooo much for replying! No one else on here has a clue and yet that still does not stop them from voicing there :wrong: opinion about how it can’t and shouldn’t be done bla bla bla. I have found the NAM code and someone to program it for me. The getting it on Verizon should not be a problem because I have a friend that works for them. Once again thank you for the info. Which Sprint phone did you try with Verizon? I am trying the Sanyo RL2500.
Later,
Glenn
brodfukker

Feb 3, 2004, 11:44 PM
Don't mention it Glenn, glad to help.

Just to make sure it could be done I tried a few different models - the SANYO 6200, Samsung A500, VIRGIN Mobile SLIDER, to name a few... The only trick with some of the phones is that they are preprogrammed to dial *2 for Customer Care (via SPCS) the problem this creates is that VZW requires you to dial *228 for OTA. If anybody figures out how to remove the *2 function from SPCS phones - POST IT HERE!!!!
later~brodfukker
grobinson2

Feb 4, 2004, 9:34 AM
Brodfukker,
Do you think you would be able to program the phone for me? I have a guy out of NY about to do it but he said he would charge me close to $250.00! Of course I would expect you to charge something, but would you be willing to do it for less? I really want to try this phone on Verizon but with over $200.00 for the phone and another $250.00 on that it is getting a little crazy. Hope you can help!
Thanks,
Glenn
PS-My e-mail is grobinson2@msn.com

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.