Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

show all 8 replies

GSM PTT

kountryjentleman

Mar 31, 2005, 9:04 PM
Any info on any GSM providers that will offer PTT? Specifically Cingular? Any info, please post.
swamp_donkey

Apr 1, 2005, 9:36 PM
Cingular will, eventually. They have been testing it for over a year, just haven't released it yet. I think they are waiting to get EDGE across the whole network and fully integrate AT&T before it is released. There are already several phones slated for PTT, even ones designed specifically for it, but the programming was left out until it is released. The Z500a, S710a, V400P, and I believe the Nokia 6620 are all actually capable. I would also imagine any of the smartphones would be able to also with the right upgrade. Don't worry, it will be coming soon, I think.
SilverJack

Apr 1, 2005, 10:09 PM
there is the LG 7200 and also the nokia 6230I that will be released suposedly later this year for cingular, I guess I'll believe it when i see it. They are both are PTT enabled.
LG7200 - http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?Id=1243&so urce=SIDEBARHOME

6230I - https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p =698.
THE BOX

Apr 8, 2005, 11:48 AM
corporate has actually said Christmas launch.But again ill believe it when i see it !
Zeroaxe

Jul 15, 2005, 9:12 PM
Just got a word from a manager looks like 4th quarter launch as of right now
silvabullit

Apr 4, 2005, 7:24 PM
i hope not
simplymarcus

Jul 16, 2005, 11:25 AM
sorry previous post is accurate Cingular will be launching PTT in September of 05 using the Kodiak format.
SilverJack

Jul 19, 2005, 3:13 PM
Are you really looking forward to PTT??
The way i see it i would rather just make a M2M call rather than doing the whole walkie talkie half duplex thing. 😕
That's all we need in retail, more people coming in and asking "y'all got dem blop blops??!? 🤣 ...

Oh well if it can make me more money and give me a bigger true-up, I'll sell anything. 😉 😈 😛
simplymarcus

Jul 19, 2005, 3:49 PM
I think PTT is a waste of time.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.