Home  ›  Forums  ›

Development

all discussions

Tweaking an AudioVox CDM-9900 - Anyone done it?

gbitmgr

Nov 2, 2004, 1:42 PM
Got an AudioVox CDM-9900 from Verizon Wireless and it's got an annoying "Verizon Wireless" banner on the external CallerID screen. Obviously a shameless marketing ploy. I'd like to know if anyone has hacked one of these phones before. If so, how did you do it? I've seen hacks for this problem on LG phones, but the software they recommend (BitPim) seems to be geared toward only LG phones. I want to remove the "Verizon Wireless" banner from the external screen, but I do not want to disable the screen all together. Thanks for the help!
bleu_tropix

Nov 2, 2004, 3:46 PM
Just punch in a few key words on this subject in the search bar on here and a lot will show up regarding this same question. Might want to narrow your search to the CDM 9900 discussion forum. You will also want to click on the link to howardforums.com for a detailed step-by-step how-to of removing the banner. Be forewarned though, that removing it the wrong way can and will wreak havoc to your settings...I ended up just leaving it as is.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.