Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Would like to send SMS messages from my web site

erict

Aug 25, 2004, 9:54 PM
I have a web site and my users are asking for SMS notices sent to their phones. (For example, when someone replies to one of their posts in the forum, they are notified by phone).

I'm trying to understand the whole SMS model and would appreciate any pointers.

I believe that if my site delivers the message to an SMSC, then the message will in turn be delivered to the user's cell phone.

Who runs these SMSC's? How do they get paid? Do I have to connect to one SMSC to send messages to VZW customers and a different SMSC to send to Sprint customers? Will the SMSC accept messages from just anyone or do I have to pay them a fee first? Can anyone with enough money create their own SMSC (just as anyone can put their own web server on the...
(continues)
rukshanw

Aug 26, 2004, 9:06 AM
Email me at webmaster@rukshan.com . I will get some information. I typed up a long reply and it wouldn't post. Sorry about that...

Rukshan W
Network Engineer
Northern PCS
wonderdave

Aug 26, 2004, 1:05 PM
I'm interested in this post as well. If you could email me a copy of the information you send I would appreciate it.

wonderdavey2k2@hotmail.com

I'm a webmaster and I would love to find out what I would need to do to have sms sent out.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.