Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

A billboard sent me spam via BlueTooth

MobileMistress

Jun 20, 2006, 7:58 AM
A billboard in New York sent me an advertisement just from walking by it! Can you believe it? I never even new this kind of advertising existed! For the full story check out my new blog (i'm really excited about it!) and let me know what you think... 😉

http://www.thecellfreak.com »
KrazyJoe

Jun 20, 2006, 12:20 PM
Hey, I got a better idea. GO AWAY SPAMMER!
Anxiovert

Jun 25, 2006, 6:35 PM
So, you are excited about being spammed? Is that it?
Whitehorse

Jun 25, 2006, 8:10 PM
Such advertising has been in development for several years. You may wish to secure your bluetooth connection for your mobile device & include information on your site letting your readers know about this. Some of the ads you receive may be ok; however, those who are not so nice will also be out there looking for unsecured bluetooth connections.

Many of those of us who frequent this great site have lots of diverse experience in the wireless industry.
Vatothe0

Jun 26, 2006, 12:53 AM
Verizon phones aren't subject to this invasion of privacy......
Whitehorse

Jun 26, 2006, 4:28 PM
I know; Verizon neuters their bluetooth-capable phones... Not going to get kicked in the nuts if they've been cut off!!!
OB1J3D1

Jun 26, 2006, 6:50 PM
LOL...great one

😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.