Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 5 replies

bluetooth question

rsd317

Jul 13, 2005, 12:25 AM
my dad is currently with tmobile and is either looking to upgrade to a bluetooth or leave...i recently purchased the moto e 815 and use the motorola HS820 headset in which i can use voice activated dialing... is this a feature of the phone or head set bc my dad was looking at the moto v330 and a rep said that he would not be able to do that...is this true? is it the phone or ehadset that allows certain capabilities...thanks in advance
jcobb8493

Jul 13, 2005, 6:44 AM
Typically this feature is part of the phone, not the headset. Previously I had a Nokia 6230 and was using a motorola bluetooth headset. It worked fine for talking, but did not do so well with the voice activated dialing using the headset. I recenlty changed to the Audiovox 5600 and using the same headset, the voice activated dialing works just fine.
Hope this helps.
herbie_tank

Jul 14, 2005, 11:29 AM
As jcobb8493 said, voice activated dialing is normally part of the phone. We have a Nokia 6230 as well, you hold down the "Names" button for a few seconds and when it beeps, you say something like "John" if you wanted to call John, and it dials the number in the phonebook. A headset is not needed but it helps for hands-free.
BlueHFX

Jul 14, 2005, 2:59 PM
It is the feature of the phone, the headset just supports the feature.
nikg

Jul 17, 2005, 7:31 PM
True, some bluetooth headsets do not support voice dialing, though, so beware. But no doubt about it, you have to have a phone with voice dialing in order to use it through a headset.
colione112

Aug 7, 2005, 1:41 AM
both, some phones don't support bluetooth voice dialing... just make sure (dont always trust the rep) alot of them just want the sale. if you have a question about a specific phone, email me and i'll try to find out for you if i don't already know.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.