Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Virgin mobile or gophone or WHATT!

newral

Jul 23, 2010, 2:31 PM
Im planing to buy a prepaid phone with a good coverage in data and texting and preferibly unlimited calls... i want a touchscreen and I was considering to stay with ATT (no need for haters.. I have att since 2004 and never had problems with it) and buy a samsung PRIME or move to virgin mobile and buy a Rumor Touch.I already have an ipod touch so I dont need much in a phone other than the ability to use facebook and stuff... im looking for good reception, good phone, quality texting (not like metro PCS)

Me:
Im a text psycho
I surf on the internet a lot
I talk a lot but i can control it a bit

Pros virgin:
50 monthly
unlimited text, data and 1,200 mins

pros att
60 monthly
unlimited calling
have to add 20 dollars more for dat...
(continues)
drelyn

Jul 23, 2010, 2:48 PM
virgin mobile. im in the same boat. i have the kyocera loft its a decent phone. not the greatest but then i have my ipod touch on me at all times. so what my phone cant do the ipod makes up for it. ive had vm for a while now and i dont have any complaints.
newral

Jul 23, 2010, 3:14 PM
which plan you have in vm?
drelyn

Jul 23, 2010, 3:19 PM
i have the 1200 min for 40.99 and my girl has the unlimited for 59.99.
newral

Jul 23, 2010, 3:29 PM
so there is an unlimited everything for 60 on vm? thats what i need because att is just a lil too expensive for me right know.. im paying 95 dollars and the only unlimited thing i have is text... and NO DATA.... im using an old crappy phone nokia from 6 years ago 😕
drelyn

Jul 23, 2010, 3:45 PM
the text is good. no delayed text like boost. the data is decent. its not the greatest but its worth the price. from what i have seen and i could be wrong but the data speed all depends on the device. i know some of the devices are 2g and some are 3g.
newral

Jul 23, 2010, 3:46 PM
the the rumor touch is 3g.. i think im going to go for that one.. is way cheaper... thanks 😁
drelyn

Jul 23, 2010, 3:52 PM
😎
ecycled

Jul 24, 2010, 12:19 PM
The biggest thing I always think of with a phone is if it gets reception, you know att works. If you want to, I would test drive Virgin.

Its the -LG- Prime, not samsung. Just saying in case your basing it on your experience with samsung.
newral

Jul 24, 2010, 12:29 PM
ohh! ok the lg prime.. anyway im going to buy the rumor touch... if I dont get good reception with virgin mobile, is not under contract so i'll just unlock rumor touch and try something else
ecycled

Jul 24, 2010, 12:46 PM
Yup no biggie. Thanks for asking on PS, tons of great incite for all carriers around here. 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.