Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

cell phone amplifier

joeyd

Feb 2, 2004, 3:49 PM
I just installed a cell phone Amplifier and a 24" magnetic mount dual band antenna in my vehicle. I have several questions about the operation, first -my signal fades to zero when I turn the amplifier off but if I remove the phone from the amplifier the signal returns. however when I turn the amplifier on I get a good signal. second- when the phone is hooked up to the amplifier and I have a full signal sometimes I cant make or recieve calls am I too close to the tower already and there is interference??
mmdstech2

Feb 2, 2004, 7:18 PM
1. Your amplifier is a active device. When you turn it off, it's a passive device which actually will result in signal loss. When you remove your phone, your signal will go up.

2. I don't know why you can't complete calls when your close to a BTS. What kind of amp did you install? How much gain does your antenna have? What kind of network are you using? How do you know that the tower you see is that of your carriers?
joeyd

Feb 3, 2004, 8:40 AM
thanks for your reply- as to your first part of the message--I thought the same thing. however to the second part: I purchased the Powermax DA4000 from Cellantenna.com and I also purchased the 24" antenna (I believe it is a 9db gain) as far as the network - it is sprint at 1900 something or other-- I know I am connected to the sprint tower because my phone says Sprint- if I am connected to another tower it will say Roam or anolog roam. With my phone not connected to my amplifier or antenna and I am at home I have a full signal and can make and recieve calls however if I connect the phone to the amplifier and antenna I still have a full signal but sometimes it cant make or recieve calls. the amplifier boost the signal by 3 watt on anolog/digi...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.