all discussions

show all 25 replies

Motorola MPX or Sony Ericson P901

MOTO-v600

Jan 18, 2005, 1:47 PM
Which is better for the price??
akaszuba

Jan 19, 2005, 12:32 PM
Sony Ericsson P910, hands down. Dont you know? Motorola is an awful manufacturer of phones.
MOTO-v600

Jan 19, 2005, 12:42 PM
🙂 Appreciate the response.I have the v600 which i think is great.Have you seen that MPX?
I think it's awsome.
The reviews on the P910 keyboard and the lack of back light has not been good but i still like it.
akaszuba

Jan 19, 2005, 1:18 PM
My father actually has the P910, and its a Goliath of a phone compared to my T637 (Not in size, but functionality). It's a nice phone, I like it alot, many great features. As for no backlight on the keyboard, with the size of the screen and the light it gives off, it'll illuminate the keys enough for anyone to see what they're hitting, my opinion at least. But sure, there are things about the P910 that could be better.

And no, personally I haven't handled and Mpx, I don't feel too compelled too. I've held enough Moto's to know they really dont differ from each other when it comes to overall quality. They may have quantity, but that should and never will make up for quality.
MOTO-v600

Jan 19, 2005, 6:16 PM
🙂 Hello again and thanks for all the information you are giving me.
I am very excited to be communicating with someone who has hands on experience with the P910.
I have two more questions for you.
1.Do you know if this phone will work with Cingular who is my carrier?
2.What is the difference in the operating systems? (Windows and UIQ-Symbian).
Also the MPX i am referring to is not yet released.I get the feeling you are thinking of the MPX220.
Looking forward for your response.
akaszuba

Jan 19, 2005, 7:11 PM
Yes, the P910 will work with Cingular. There are two models of the P910, the P910i and the P910a, the P910a would be for use with Cingular because it supports the 850/1900 bands which Cingular uses.

As far as differences between operating systems, the real difference is the user interface, they both pretty much have the same functionality. Although in my personal opinion, Microsoft cant make an operating system work right on a computer, which leads me to believe they couldnt do much better on a phone.
MOTO-v600

Jan 19, 2005, 9:44 PM
🙂 Thank you.
I should sleep better tonight.
I notice you did not address the MPX issue.

I would like to know what you think about it.
You seem quite savvy about these new gadegts.
akaszuba

Jan 20, 2005, 1:50 AM
Hey, not a problem at all. As far as the MPx goes, or more so as far as any Motorola goes. They're a gamble, I know there's alot of people on this forum that may disagree, but Motorola truly is not know for making quality products. I thought you were talking about the MPx220 offered by Cingular. Now I'll be honest, I've never really had one in my hand, but I have had other Motorola's which weren't good at all, so I really see no difference why the MPx220 would be any different. Motorola is all about quantity, look at the highly acclaimed RAZR, to me it seems like a total flop, alot of negative feedback, the phone is not selling, it's a disaster.

As far as cost, the cheapest I've been able to find it is $690. Yes, it is an expansive...
(continues)
MOTO-v600

Jan 20, 2005, 6:53 AM
I bought the RAZr and returned it.
The price you mentioned is good can you give me a name or a number to call?
Go to the web site mobileburn.com and look at some of there demos.
akaszuba

Jan 20, 2005, 8:10 AM
I found a P910a for $550 on eBay. It's from an eBay store, not a personal seller so it's trustworthy.

If you'd like, I can take a few pics of my father's P910 and post them. I can also take a few pictures with the camera on the P910 so you could see the quality of them and such.

Here's the link for the phone...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&catego ... »
MOTO-v600

Jan 20, 2005, 5:24 PM
🙂 Hi abaszuba,
I see the price is getting better.
I would like to get your feedback onthe MPX before i make i decission.
I fell in love with that phone the first time i saw it.
I would not purchase it from Wireless Imports though.
akaszuba

Jan 20, 2005, 5:45 PM
Yeah, I'd stay away from Wireless Imports, I'm pretty sure that place isnt even legit.

As for the MPx, I really cannot give you any feedback on it for I have never owned one or even touched one. The only thing I can say is that Sony Ericsson has such a greater reputation when it comes to the engineering and manufacturing of cellular phones.

Symbian OS may not be as popular as Window OS, but it can do everything that Windows can, and more than likely, alot better and alot more efficinatly.

The most I can do is give you the Pro and Cons versus each other.

1. The MPx has a 1+ megapixel camera, people think that megapixel = image quality, megapixels only have to do with image size. The MPx only uses a CMOS image sensor, which wi...
(continues)
MOTO-v600

Jan 20, 2005, 7:05 PM
🙂 Thanks abaszuba,
That was more than a mouth full you are going to make me think twice about asking you a question.
You could be a sales Rep. for Sony Ericsson.
Do you think Cingular will be carring this phone?
akaszuba

Jan 20, 2005, 7:07 PM
If you got a question, I will try and answer it to the best of my ability, no need to think twice. Just as away.

And I'm sorry, but are you talking about Cingular carrying the MPx or the P910?
MOTO-v600

Jan 20, 2005, 7:17 PM
The P910!!!
akaszuba

Jan 20, 2005, 7:20 PM
To be honest, and it may be a little disappointing, but the chances of Cingular offering this phone are pretty much slim to none. This phone has been out for sometime already and if it were to be offered by Cingular, it would have been already.

The good news is that it doesn't mean you can't use it with Cingular.
MOTO-v600

Jan 20, 2005, 8:18 PM
Wow!!!
Can't imagine none of the major carriers have not ceased the oppertunity to Capitalised on this phone as yet.
Why all the top end phones are released in Europe months before we see it in the US.
Are the Europeans more forgiving?
akaszuba

Jan 20, 2005, 8:22 PM
Yeah, it does come as a surprise to me that none of the major US carriers havent offered the P910, even the P900 for that matter. I know T Mobile offered the P800 back when it was a new phone.

But as far as Europe getting things first, I think its just because all phones being sold in the United States require FCC approval. And then carriers have phones modified to their liking. Which all of course can take a few months, or more in some cases.
MOTO-v600

Jan 20, 2005, 9:55 PM
Thank you.
No further questions.
MOTO-v600

Jan 21, 2005, 7:32 PM
🙂 akaszuba,
I am getting ready to make a bid on ebay for the P910a.
I called Sony's customer service earlier and the young lady advised that if i did not purchase the phone from an authorised Sony dealer i would not have any warranty on the phone.
I am concerned about that.
How would i know if i am purchasing from an authorised dealer or not?
akaszuba

Jan 22, 2005, 3:55 AM
It's hard to believe that there wouldn't be a manufacturer's warranty on it. You can always email the seller of the P910a and ask them if they are an authorized dealer or not. Chances are that an eBay online store is not an authorized dealer, but you never know. Usually a seller would state if they were and authorized dealer or not, but I would email the seller/eBay store and ask them if they are an authorized dealer.

And by the way, you can just call me Art 😉
MOTO-v600

Jan 22, 2005, 7:35 AM
🙂 Ok Art,
I will keep you posted, i would rather pay the extra 200.00 and buy directly from Sony just to know that i have a recourse if something does not work out.
MOTO-v600

Jan 30, 2005, 1:05 PM
🙂 Hi Art,
I just wanted to share with you, that i have ordered my P910a directly from Sony and i should have it towards the end of the week.
Hope i won't be disappointed.
bacpro

Jan 31, 2005, 10:43 AM
I sell Cell phones and I think that Motorola vs Sony Erricson is the better of the two. But you cannot beat the quality of Nokia

John
http://www.bacpro.biz »
akaszuba

Jan 20, 2005, 7:10 PM
And by the way, you can call me Art.
MOTO-v600

Jan 19, 2005, 9:58 PM
🤭 One more question where do i get the best deal on the P910a?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.