Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 11 replies

unlocking

will6265

Dec 1, 2007, 5:02 PM
Can anyone out there give me instructions on unlocking or and or flashing phones. including possible hardware (cables) or software, and where i can find these (online, stores etc?
Hombre07

Dec 5, 2007, 1:34 AM
Let's start with what your trying to do and what devices your doing it on. I mean you can get cables from any cell phone site generally, the software from any unlocking site.
NaCH

Dec 5, 2007, 9:31 AM
Just call up your company and ask for the unlock code
Jayshmay

Dec 8, 2007, 4:04 PM
Is it really that simple? Just call AT&T and ask for the code?
will6265

Dec 10, 2007, 5:50 PM
no im trying to flash my metropcs 6265i to cricket and get a cingular razr unlocked for world travel
Jayshmay

Dec 12, 2007, 3:59 PM
It doesn't need to be unlocked for international travel, so long as it's a GSM handset, it'll work all over the world. I suppose, unless you intend to move overseas permanetly, then you don't really need to unlock a handset.

I'm getting the Nokia N95-3, I should be recieving it today, but won't be getting it until I get home tonight.
will6265

Dec 29, 2007, 3:54 PM
i know that but im buying it for my mother who will only be using it when she goes to colombia. I need it unlocked because foreign sims will only work on unlocked units....
Lederhosen19

Jan 1, 2008, 5:59 PM
AT&T has a way you can use other networks overseas. It you want to unlock it and use a foreign SIM card, you'd have to get in a contract with that carrier, I believe.
mercy69

Jan 2, 2008, 1:30 PM
tou will have to use foreign sim cards when you unlock the phone. to use at&t elsewhere will not work since they only cover Continental United States, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico
Lederhosen19

Jan 2, 2008, 4:24 PM
But they do offer roaming with carriers in other countries.
will6265

Jan 12, 2008, 2:53 PM
I DONT WANT AT&T,I DONT WANT A CONTRACT OF ANY KIND ,I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO GET THIS GSM HANDSET TO ACCEPT FOREIGN SIMS. I would also like some info on flashing phones if possible
payabill1

Feb 8, 2008, 6:52 PM
You don't need to get at&t. Just google unlocking phones if you already have the phone. it's just a software code that you need and there are folks online who'll take the imei (serial number) from the back of your phone and put it in a formula to determine the unlock code. you should be able to get it done for $20 or $30. if you don't already have the device then just buy it already unlocked from ebay or some other online source.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.