Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

eBay phones & gotchas

Operaman

Dec 11, 2004, 12:50 AM
There always seems to be that "new super great phone" that's ALMOST released, but isn't quite out yet.

I took a peak on eBay for one of these phones - one that's supposed to come out in Europe this month and the US by mid next year.
(the Motorola MPx, or as the eBay people seem to call it, the MPx-300. I guess it was released in Europe under that name?).

Anyway, some of these eBay auctions strongly reek of "too good to be true".
Especially the price.

What's the deal with these things?
Some of these sellers even have a good bit of positive feedback.

Are these guys just faking their feedback w/ "sales" to their buddies?
Are they phone-factory employees digging through the trashcans?
Do they work for customs and just confiscate...
(continues)
muchdrama

Dec 11, 2004, 5:45 AM
Operaman said:
There always seems to be that "new super great phone" that's ALMOST released, but isn't quite out yet.

I took a peak on eBay for one of these phones - one that's supposed to come out in Europe this month and the US by mid next year.
(the Motorola MPx, or as the eBay people seem to call it, the MPx-300. I guess it was released in Europe under that name?).

Anyway, some of these eBay auctions strongly reek of "too good to be true".
Especially the price.

What's the deal with these things?
Some of these sellers even have a good bit of positive feedback.

Are these guys just faking their feedback w/ "sales" to their buddies?
Are they phone-factory employees digging through the trashcans?
Do they w
(continues)
jas259871

Dec 16, 2004, 11:53 PM
There are many thing that you would need to look at when purchasing a phone on E-bay some European phone only have the international band and not the US bands. International Band 1800 and 900 MHz and the us bands are 850 and 1900. Cingular and att use both band but tend to use the 850 more. T-mobile uses 1900 only

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.