Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 7 replies

I can't send picture messages!

foquito84

Sep 20, 2007, 5:00 PM
I can't send picture messages only text messages. I bought a motorola razr v3 on ebay and it said unlocked but i can't send picture or mms messages. i tried calling my cell phone carrier but they can't do anything and i tried to change my mms settings but was unsuccessful. Can somebody please help me?
Jorin

Sep 20, 2007, 11:32 PM
What carrier? And at what point does it not work? Any error message?
byebyecellone

Sep 21, 2007, 3:46 AM
Your carrier should have settings for the mms that they can send over the air to your phone. As long as you carrier carries the razr they can send the settings to your razr and it should work. Just call them and ask for the data/mms settings. And do not tell them where you got the phone only that its a razr. This may fix the issue. No guarantee though.
foquito84

Sep 21, 2007, 11:17 AM
thank you i am going to try and call them back because i've already called them like two times but hopefully they can fix my problem.
splitchannel

Oct 13, 2007, 10:19 PM
Hi there,
It sounds like the provisioning has not been changed when the OTA ( Over The Air) programming was done. I am a little fuzzy, but if you were able to get the information on manual programming it would help. Let me say first, that you do have an unlocked phone or the OTA would not have worked and it might not authenticate. Finding out the manual programming is half the battle, you would have to allocate another Motorola(used on the same network) and open it up and find out what the provisioning is and type it in yours.
Basically, what I am saying is that your phone uses something like an ip or URL to use data like MMS. If no address is provisioned or the wrong address is in there, you get a big nothing.So, if you call back, tr...
(continues)
foquito84

Sep 21, 2007, 11:16 AM
i have cingular now att and i can send text messages but i can't send picture messages. it says unable to send message.
robotforowners

Sep 22, 2007, 11:52 AM
When you buy an unlocked phone the data will not work properly with our network. I have spent hours on the phone with tech support trying to find a way around this for customers with unlocked phones and it isnt possible. The reason you can send text but not pics is because you are using data to send pics.
splitchannel

Oct 14, 2007, 5:38 PM
robotforowners said:
When you buy an unlocked phone the data will not work properly with our network. I have spent hours on the phone with tech support trying to find a way around this for customers with unlocked phones and it isnt possible. The reason you can send text but not pics is because you are using data to send pics.

Actually, if you were to do what I was suggesting, and it's done right; the frickin phone will send frickin pix messages. It is up to those who know to teach and those who do not know to learn. It is those who see a half full glass to say it can not be done. I have personally fixed pix phones from Alltel and U.S. Cellular that switch to VZW the exact way I described in my reply previou...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.