Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Could a platform be added to the Phone Finder?

Operaman

Dec 1, 2004, 1:54 AM
Looks like a tiny handful of phones run (or will run when they're released) on Linux.
The Motorola E680 is the one I'm thinking of.
Could Rich or someone add Linux to the Platform/OS section of the 3 Phone Finders?

On a total other side note, I kinda like the "Check Spelling" feature for posting.
Could the names of the manufacturers and carriers and technologies be added to it as valid words?
Prolly a huge list of things really...
All those different companies, words like "USB" and "Bluetooth", etc.
It's no big deal to ignore those words really, but if someone out there's bored enough to fool with it... ;-)
Rich Brome

Dec 2, 2004, 1:28 PM
On Linux, the issue is that it's a core OS on a few phones, but not a standardized platform yet.

So for example, Symbian is a core OS, but Series 60 is a complete platform. And Windows CE is an OS, but Windows Mobile for Smartphone is an actual platform based on CE.

Linux doesn't have that kind of standardized platform yet.

For the spell checker, the custom words things is on my to-do list.

Thanks for the feedback! 🙂
FletchFielding

Dec 7, 2004, 8:04 PM
For those of us real geeks, I'd like to see the phone chipset added to the PhoneScoop specs in the database.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.