Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Nextel chip to boost phone

angel25101

Feb 23, 2007, 2:13 PM
ok i broke my nextel...so i figured id buy a boost phone for now n just put my chip in it...well i did n its tellin me to enter a subsidy code....so i called boost n they yelled at me dk...u cant put a nextel xchip in a boost phone...blah blah...so i called back n said that the boost chip was tellin me the same thing n he told me to leave it there for half hour...but i thought he was lying so i freakin took dat **** ou n im screwed!!!

HELP!!
intense_sssc

Feb 23, 2007, 2:52 PM
bishes in this thread man!!!
ShackViperElite

Feb 23, 2007, 4:54 PM
The reason you can not swap SIM cards between Nextel and Boost like you can between Cingular post and pre-paid phones is because of the way IDEN reads the phones on the network. The IMEI is as important to activation of the phone as the SIM ESN.
missangel

May 7, 2008, 10:07 AM
There is a work around for your issue, however it doesn't always resolve the issue. Have you purchased a post paid sim kit yet? Sprint Nextel is not able to provide the Subsidy Lock code to customers unless customer has purchased an iDEN Post-Paid SIM Kit for specific use in a Boost phone.

1.)Place the iDEN SIM card into the phone and leave it on for 1 hour.
2.)After 1 hour the phone should display ‘Please Enter Special Code Now.
3.)Pull the battery out, put it back in and turn the phone on.
4.)If this does not resolve the issue contact a service center or Motorola (1-800-453-0920) to have it swapped out.
Brandon Shelley

May 12, 2008, 10:47 PM
How'd you break your nextel, I still have my old Nextel from years back!

It's like Chevy, 'Like a Rock'! 😉
spidersnake

May 13, 2008, 10:21 AM
You can use a Boost sim in a nextel phone, You can not use a Nextel sim in a boost phone with out the code. I would take it to a independent store and see if they will provide you with that code, if they do I am sure it will be for a small bench fee.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.